Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CS Blankets are finally here!

Folks,

The CS blanket prototype was delivered to me Monday morning, and it is spectacular! We will be picking up the blankets in about a week's time and are now happy to accept Christmas orders!

Cost of the blankets is $110.00 postage paid.

For orders of five or more blankets, shipped on a roll to the same address the price will be $95.00 postage paid. Get with your messmates and do a blanket issue at your next living history!

More details can be found here: http://wwandcompany.com/index.php/co...-issue-blanket

Though we had originally hoped to have the blanket run complete well before Christmas, delays kept pushing us back. Nevertheless, if you place your order by Wednesday, December 16th we will ship out your blanket in time for the holiday from Gettysburg, PA.

For this special sale I am extending my phone hours until the 16th to 8:00 PM

We have a limited number of blankets available, and at this time we plan to do only this run, so get yours today and don't regret it tomorrow!
    Last edited by Dan Wambaugh; 12-09-2009, 11:23 AM.
    Dan Wambaugh
    Wambaugh, White, & Company
    www.wwandcompany.com
    517-303-3609
    Become our fan on Facebook by clicking HERE

Re: CS Blankets are finally here!

You had to get those in after I ordered all the fabric I am going to use for my next frock. SIGH. They look great. I will probably get one after the first of the year. If you have any still in stock. But i must resist and not buy anything else or the girlfriend will kill me. spending all the money on me, and nothing on her.
    Last edited by robert-m; 12-09-2009, 12:42 PM.
    Robert Melville

We as Americans finish what we start. And dying for these Colors, or our brothers around us is no different. We will always remember the ones that have passed before us. Even though their bodies are committed to the depths their spirits live with in us and helps push for tomorrow

Comment

Robert,

Before despairing I would check with her to see if she's got all your Christmas presents yet... ;-)
      Dan Wambaugh
      www.wwandcompany.com
      517-303-3609

Comment

How accurate would this blanket be for western CS troops?
        Kenny Pavia
        24th Missouri Infantry

Comment

Kenny,

The provenance blanket is to an eastern CS soldier in the Gettysburg campaign, however there is nothing truly extraordinary about the blanket or unique that would preclude it from a relatively universal use by CS troops all over. As a tan wool blanket with a simple end stripe this blanket has a versatility not enjoyed by most other CS-provenanced blankets that are more unique or colorful. (The T.V. Brooke blanket comes to mind.)

So with this reproduction you have the chance to have a top quality dead on copy of a specific original, that is plain enough in features and color to be appropriate for a multitude of impressions.
          Dan Wambaugh
          www.wwandcompany.com
          517-303-3609

Comment

Dan,

E-mail sent ;)

William
            William Miconnet
            French Mess
            AES
            BGR & IPW Survivor
            Never ever give up!
            In memory of Steve Boulton, live the little story, lost in the history...
            I believe!

Comment

Ok, thanks Dan.

That's what I was thinking but after reading the background on the original, I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask. :D
              Kenny Pavia
              24th Missouri Infantry

Comment

Sadly she has already got my Christmas:(, that is why I must resist. For I have gotten her nothing yet. It is bad I know, but I am rather glad that she does not know that. Plus we are not married yet. SO. :sarcastic I could, but sadly I must not. lol. I will how ever get one from you after the first of the year if there are any left. If not I shall wait till the next shipment.
                Robert Melville

We as Americans finish what we start. And dying for these Colors, or our brothers around us is no different. We will always remember the ones that have passed before us. Even though their bodies are committed to the depths their spirits live with in us and helps push for tomorrow

Comment

Robert,

At this time we have no plans to do a second run. If we do another batch down the road it will be several years from now. (Not trying to do a hard sell, just clarifying in case anyone was confused.)
                  Dan Wambaugh
                  www.wwandcompany.com
                  517-303-3609

Comment

That is perfectly fine with me.
                    I have In the words of Shelbie (my girlfriend) " you have to much stuff anyway, I don't understand why you need that many of those or of that." Which is true I do have a lot of uniforms and clothes, however she has never been to an event that when you wake in the middle of a monsoon or a morning with the ground and everything around is froze like I have. But that is why it is my hobby not hers. lol.
                    Robert Melville

Comment

Guys,

One thing that isn't made clear in the description or subsequent discussion is that both the original and our current offering feature a reverse weave that gives it the appearance of "herringbone" woven cloth. It repeats four times throughout the width of the blanket.
                      Brian White
                      [URL="http://wwandcompany.com"]Wambaugh, White, & Co.[/URL]
                      [URL="https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wambaugh-White-Company/114587141930517"]https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wambaugh-White-Company/114587141930517[/URL]
                      [email]brian@wwandcompany.com[/email]

Comment

e mail sent, i hope i got one?
                        Martyn Goddard
                        American Eagle Society
                        Mess #4

http://www.aesoc.org/

Comment

Gents,

Will the pre-ordered blankets be shipped at the same time as those orders which are being placed now? I've got an event in Janurary, and those blankets look nice and warm!

Thanks
                          Pards,

Jared Byrnes

Comment

Jared,

Yes. The plan was originally to ship out the pre-orders from Gettysburg and then offer the rest once we got back to Michigan. However, we had several production delays so in order to have these available for a Christmas delivery I decided to start the sale a little early.

Everyone that pre-ordered this summer and places their order before the 16th will have their blankets in the mail on the 19th at the latest.
                            Dan Wambaugh
                            www.wwandcompany.com
                            517-303-3609

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Wambaugh View Post
                              Folks,

The CS blanket prototype was delivered to me Monday morning, and it is spectacular! We will be picking up the blankets in about a week's time and are now happy to accept Christmas orders!

Cost of the blankets is $110.00 postage paid.

For orders of five or more blankets, shipped on a roll to the same address the price will be $95.00 postage paid. Get with your messmates and do a blanket issue at your next living history!

More details can be found here: http://wwandcompany.com/index.php/co...-issue-blanket

Though we had originally hoped to have the blanket run complete well before Christmas, delays kept pushing us back. Nevertheless, if you place your order by Wednesday, December 16th we will ship out your blanket in time for the holiday from Gettysburg, PA.

For this special sale I am extending my phone hours until the 16th to 8:00 PM

We have a limited number of blankets available, and at this time we plan to do only this run, so get yours today and don't regret it tomorrow!
                              Originally posted by jmbyrnes View Post
                              Gents,

Will the pre-ordered blankets be shipped at the same time as those orders which are being placed now? I've got an event in Janurary, and those blankets look nice and warm!

Thanks
                              jmbyrnes,
                              see the 1st post. Orders are being accepted now for Christmas delivery, order by the 16th and you'll have it before Christmas! Pre-orders will be the 1st ones shipped from Gettysburg. (Yes they are driving out from Michigan)

I got lucky and spoke w/Dan last night after placing an order for clothes. He had just recieved the proto type and was bustin' buttons about it! He also said the blanket weighs in just under 4 lbs.

Originally posted by robert-m View Post
                              That is perfectly fine with me.
                              I have In the words of Shelbie (my girlfriend) " you have to much stuff anyway, I don't understand why you need that many of those or of that." Which is true I do have a lot of uniforms and clothes, however she has never been to an event that when you wake in the middle of a monsoon or a morning with the ground and everything around is froze like I have. But that is why it is my hobby not hers. lol.
                              Robert,
                              do some creative financing! Sell some unneeded things! (like Shelbie!) And if you cou-tou (give in) to her setting the limits for your purchases now be prepared for limits thru out your life together! (that =:cry_smile)
                              [FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=3]Michael Phillips, GGG Grandson of
                              Pvt Edmond Phillips, 44th NCT, Co E, "The Turtle Paws"[/SIZE]
                              [SIZE=2]Mustered in March 1862
                              Paroled at Appomattox C.H. Virginia, April 15, 1865[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=Navy][B]"Good, now we'll have news from Hell before breakfast."[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
                              Was Gen Sherman's response upon hearing the capture and execution of 3 reporters who had followed from Atlanta, by the rebels.
                              The execution part turned out to be false.[COLOR=DarkRed] [B]Dagg Nabbit![/B][/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

Working...
                              X