Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CS Blankets are finally here!

Guys,

As much as I appreciate the heartfelt discussion on love and life, I don't think my advertisement for reproduction CS blankets is the place for it. Thanks for understanding.
    Dan Wambaugh
    Wambaugh, White, & Company
    www.wwandcompany.com
    517-303-3609
    Become our fan on Facebook by clicking HERE

Comment

Gents-

We're moving into tangent-land here... discussion is no longer part of the thread on Mr. Wambaugh's blankets. No offense... but I'll do some house cleaning. I'll remove the older posts on here so we can make room for other's comments about the blankets themselves.

Social groups are open to discuss life and share fellowship. I sometimes like to talk with friends too...:o

Thanks to all! -Johnny Lloyd:wink_smil
      Johnny Lloyd
      John "Johnny" Lloyd
      Think before you post... Rules on this forum here
      SCAR
      Known to associate with the following fine groups: WIG/AG/CR

"Without history, there can be no research standards.
      Without research standards, there can be no authenticity.
      Without the attempt at authenticity, all is just a fantasy.
      Fantasy is not history nor heritage, because it never really existed." -Me

Proud descendant of...

Comment

Hi Dan --

Sent an email with order :D

Greetings from over the pond.

Ingo Rolletter
        (Fifth Virginia Infantry/Germany)

Comment

Everyone that pre-ordered this summer and places their order before the 16th will have their blankets in the mail on the 19th at the latest.

bill brown
          43rd NC
          FRIENDSHIP 1712 Edinburgh
          WILLIAM BROWN

Comment

Bill,

Yes, we were plagued by delays, some expected, some not so much. Originally I had planned to have them on hand in September, then it was mid November, now just to get the blankets out to the US customers that ordered for Christmas I'm having to drive half way across the country the week before Christmas, pack the blankets in Pat Kline's mill, and get them to the nearest post office.

And to think I originally wanted to have all the blankets on hand before I even announced that we were making them!

Best,
            Dan Wambaugh
            www.wwandcompany.com
            517-303-3609

Comment

Folks,

Just a quick update toll know that the first 70 blankets were mailed out of Red Lion this afternoon (much to the chagrin of the poor folks in line behind us.)

Our van is now packed to the top with CS blankets and amazing FHW cloth, and the icing on the cake is that we just returned from visiting the original blanket and photographing our reproduction next to it. Enjoy!

Dan Wambaugh
              www.wwandcompany.com
              517-303-3609

Comment

My blanket came today in the mail. What a Christmas present, it is awesome. Dan, I appreciate the hard work you put into having these made. Unfortunately, it will be a few months before I get to use it in the field.

Mike Dec
                Michael Dec
                McClung's Tennessee Battery
                http://armydrawers.echoes.net/

Comment

It is magnificent Dan, I know some Frenchs guys which wait for their Christmas present with stars in eyes... We are all children, thanks for helping us to refind this small light in eyes Dan... ;)
                  William Miconnet
                  French Mess
                  AES
                  BGR & IPW Survivor
                  Never ever give up!
                  In memory of Steve Boulton, live the little story, lost in the history...
                  I believe!

Comment

My blanket came in the mail today as well and it is everything I could have hoped for and can't wait to use it in the field. I'm currently working on whip stitching the ends to keep them from fraying. I know the original is frayed but I'd like this blanket to last a long time. Great work Brian and Dan!

Best Regards,

Josh Sawyer
                    Liberty Rifles
                    Best Regards,

Josh Sawyer

Comment

Dan,
                      The blanket is fantastic! Congrats to you and Brian, and also to Pat for producing such a wonderful reproduction.

Thanks,

Kaleb Dissinger

Comment

Damn all of you who live in PA and get your blanket before the rest of us!:D
                        Pards,

Jared Byrnes

Comment

Jared,

I think the TWO FEET of snow probably had more to do with your not receiving your blanket yet, truthfully you were probably closer than just about anyone else from where we mailed them.

Today we made our deliveries of the blankets in Gettysburg. I can only lament that Gibson wasn't there to photograph the sight of Brian and I carrying a fifteen blanket roll across a deserted, snowbound Steinwehr avenue this morning. If anyone else had been foolish enough to be out in the weather with us I am certain they would be laughing themselves silly.
                          Dan Wambaugh
                          www.wwandcompany.com
                          517-303-3609

Comment

All,
                            I regret that I will not be getting one of these blankets, but I will say that Dan and Brian deserve a hearty THANK YOU from this hobby and this community for the efforts in making this blanket run even possible! It's a better hobby because of vendors willing to take the financial risk and push the envelope to make sure we all look the part!

Proud to know you both as friends.
                            Patrick Landrum
                            Independent Rifles

Comment

I second that motion!
                              Before I receive mine, I want to say THANK YOU to Dan and Brian for what they've gone through to produce something as authentic as this blanket (and especially for being the only ones daring enough to brave the snow that you guys back east are all getting!:D)
                              Seeing the picture of Dan and Brian's repro side by side with the original made any buyer's remorse I had evaporate.
                              I love the history behind the original and I can't wait to get mine!
                              Thank you!
                              Kenny Pavia
                              24th Missouri Infantry

Comment

I'm hoping to get a big box from Dan....SOON! SA sack coat kit, Fed domet drawers kit, drawers and a blanket! Will be a merry Christmas here whenever that box or boxes get here!
                                [FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=3]Michael Phillips, GGG Grandson of
                                Pvt Edmond Phillips, 44th NCT, Co E, "The Turtle Paws"[/SIZE]
                                [SIZE=2]Mustered in March 1862
                                Paroled at Appomattox C.H. Virginia, April 15, 1865[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=Navy][B]"Good, now we'll have news from Hell before breakfast."[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
                                Was Gen Sherman's response upon hearing the capture and execution of 3 reporters who had followed from Atlanta, by the rebels.
                                The execution part turned out to be false.[COLOR=DarkRed] [B]Dagg Nabbit![/B][/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

Working...
                                X