Clear All

• Announcement: TMDCo Shop Flooded!!!

Important Announcement
    From
    Trans-Mississippi Depot Company
    Jan 9th 2010
    SHOP FLOOD!

From the TMDCo Web Site

This last Thursday (Jan 7th 2010) ¼ of my house and all of my shop was flooded due to a plumbing issue in my home. Fortunately due to quick thinking on my wife’s part while I was at work, and the help of good neighbors, the vast majority of in stock & the materials slated for use in orders were saved. I am still sorting at this time through the wet stuff to see what can be salvaged. I am taking a brief rest to post this.

Unfortunately the shop has had to be totally cleared out to assess damage to the floor & walls of my shop and do get things dry, and / or repaired. The up shot is I have no place to work until I am able to move the shop materials and tools/ machines back in.

Fortunately the weather is dry and although cool, will aide in the dry out of the shop. I am hoping to be in the clear in about a week to move back in. I will have to see at that point weather the shop is dry and if there is no mold. I will keep you appraised to the situation via the TMDCo web site.

What this means for those of you waiting on orders:

What this means is that due to the flooding combined with my full time leather working position as of Nov with Altai Leather Designs to make ends meet, is that your orders will be delayed.

I apologize for any inconvenience, the situation cannot be helped. I am being proactive to get this resolved as soon as possible, and to get back on track.

I fully expect to get back up and running as soon as possible though!

I already have 10-20 hours per week to complete your orders on top of my regular job.

Please rest assured that as soon as I can, I will be working on your orders. Many of the items that have been ordered will be the last of that particular item to be made by me, as I am eliminating the majority of items from my catalogue to just a few essentials for In Stock

Your patience during this time is very much appreciated

I will get out any orders for In Stock items I can at this time.

I sincerely appreciate your patience while waiting; I look forward to resuming work on your orders as soon as I can

Thank you for your understanding during this situation.

Best regards

Don Smith
    Don F Smith

Re: TMDCo Shop Flooded!!!

Don,I'm sorry to hear about this.Was the product and home insured?
    Cullen Smith
    South Union Guard

"Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite, and furthermore always carry a small snake"~W.C. Fields

"When I drink whiskey, I drink whiskey; and when I drink water, I drink water."~Michaleen Flynn [I]The Quiet Man[/I]

Comment

Don,

I am sorry to hear of this unfortunate incident. I know you will quickly recover, and that your optimism is certainly well-placed.
      Phil Graf

Can't some of our good friends send us some tobacco? We intend to "hang up our stockings." if they can't send tobacco, please send us the seed, and we will commence preparing the ground; for we mean to defend this place till h-ll freezes over, and then fight the Yankees on the ice.

Private Co. A, Cook's Reg't, Galveston Island.

Comment

Don,

As a customer of your wonderful products, I am sorry to hear of your flood. I do hope that you recover quickly.
        Bill Kane
        Tar Heel Mess
        [url]http://www.tarheelmess.org[/url]

Comment

I hope everything will turn out ok. Don't worry about getting things done, we understand that things happen.
          Pvt. Rudy Norvelle
          20th Maine Vol Inf Co. G
          Third Brigade, First Divison, Fifth Corps
          Army of the Potomac

Comment

Sorry to hear this Don, I know you will bounce back though.
            Ken Latham
            Bon Aqua, TENN
            Independent Rifles
            Duck River Squadron

Comment

Don,
              Best wishes that all goes well. I can relate to your troubles, as I had a flooded store New Year's Day 2006. Have faith, friends will be supportive, no matter the wait.
              Mfr,
              Judith Peebles.
              No Wooden Nutmegs Sold Here.
              [B]Books![B][/B][/B] The Original Search Engine.

Comment

HI All

Thank you Cullen, Bill, Phil, Ken & Mrs Peebles for your kind words of support. Renee, Gordon and I sincerely appreciate it!

I am happy to say things are in good shape as of today. I am anxtious to get back to getting outstanding orders completed and out to folks!

All the best

Don
                Don F Smith

Comment

TMDCo Shop Flood Update

SHOP FLOOD UPDATE!!!

January 19th 2010

TMDCo Shop Flood Update

As of today I was finally able to move all the materiel, machines and goods back into the shop!

There was a minimum of damage from the flooding on the 7th to materials, the majority of which were high and dry. I had to pitch out some leather and cloth as it was water damaged, but on the whole things could have been much worse. Good thing is the Shop is Dry thanks to good dry weather and big fans. Thank you for your understanding through this situation.

I am resuming work on orders as of Wed the 20th.

Also as of Fri the 15th I am working full time (40-60 hours per week) at Altai Leather Designs in Jerome AZ.

I will be accepting Period Leather Work Jobs through them. I can be reached at 1(800) 213-8112 or (928) 639-2221 Monday through Fri 10AM until 5PM Mountain Time.

As far as orders through TMDCo, I will only be accepting through Trans-Mississippi Depot Company orders from the “In Stock” Page of the TMDCo web site.

I will be continuing as of Wed to work on outstanding orders. I sincerely appreciate your patience while waiting. As I am now working full time at Altai Leather Designs, I am able to devote 10-15 hours per week to completing orders each morning (2-3 hours) before I head off to the leather shop.

I will work as efficiently as I can to get the items owed, completed & out to you. I apologize for any inconvenience waiting for your items may cause. I am devoted to putting the time and detail into each item that is required. As mentioned before, many of the items that I am completing for folks will be the last I will be making through TMDCo.

I will continue to stock the In Stock Page with essentials.

Thank you again for 15 years of full time patronage & business. Rene’e, Gordon & I sincerely appreciate it.

Don S

Donald Smith
                  President& Artisan
                  Trans-Mississippi Depot Co.
                  Last edited by D F Smith Historic; 01-19-2010, 09:34 AM.
                  Don F Smith

Comment

Don,
                    quick question regarding the acceptance of leather orders through your new employer....does painted cloth stuff fall into that category?
                    Bryant Roberts
                    Palmetto Guards/WIG/LR

Interested in the Palmetto Guards?
                    palmettoguards@gmail.com

Comment

Hey Don,

Sorry to hear about the flooding in your house. I glad to hear the damage was not too much.
                      Andy Mouradian
                      JayBirds Mess

"Snap it up, shake the lead."

[IMG]http://i333.photobucket.com/albums/m400/westernreb/JaybirdMess-2.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

Don- ditto to what Brother Andy has said. Your CA brethern wish you and Renee all the best.
                        [FONT=Georgia][/FONT][SIZE="3"][FONT="Georgia"]Dan Biggs[/FONT][/SIZE]

-Member of the Southwest Volunteers Mess

Comment

Hey Brother Don,

Hope things get back to normal soon, and if need be, don't hesitate to show the sign of the lame jackass if you need a hand.
                          Ron Moen
                          Co.A, First Texas Infantry (Retired)
                          CWPT
                          E Clampus Vitus

Comment

"Don,
                            quick question regarding the acceptance of leather orders through your new employer....does painted cloth stuff fall into that category?"

Unfortunately , no , Only leather work is accepted through my new employer

Best

Don S
                            Don F Smith

Comment

Originally posted by MarionRifles View Post
                              Hey Brother Don,

Hope things get back to normal soon, and if need be, don't hesitate to show the sign of the lame jackass if you need a hand.
                              Thanks Brother Ron,

Will do if needed

Pards Dan & Andy, thankyou for the kind words of support, Renee and I appreciate it!

Best

Don
                              Don F Smith

Comment

Working...
                              X