Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Odds and Ends F/S

Chums,
    As I am working on my new site I am cleaning out some items new and used (some of my personal items) to wit:

Used:
    Size 44 Federal foot pattern over coat. This coat was made from a CC kit by Mike Thorson. Mike put a field added slit pocket in the front and detached the cape adding buttons to re-attach it when needed. The inside is lined in gray wool. This coat is a very heavy garment, I never actually wore it into a battle scenario but used it as a second blanket and also as a wonderful coat for early morning role call and late night trips to the sinks. $250 plus S&H

Tim Bender made Flat Top Bowler size 7 1/4, worn only a handful of times, same color as pictured on his site. $75 plus S&H

Blue pattern pleated cravat (tie yourself). I bought this tie from the folks at Circa Historic Attire back when they had a shop in G'burg. Beautiful tie. $25 postpaid.

Federal enlisted foot trousers (Historic Clothiers) 36 X 32. Well worn but tons of life left in them. $100 plus S&H

New:
    Federal enlisted foot trousers (Historic Clothiers) 34 X 31. $175 plus S&H

NY Depot unlined fatigue blouse (Historic Clothiers) size 44. $190 post paid

M1850 Federal cap box (Historic Clothiers). $70 plus S&H

Crossman contract shield front cap box (Historic Clothiers). $72 plus S&H

US "puppy paw" waistbelt plates. $12 each postpaid

Original steel open end thimble. $12 postpaid

Triple rich major boards. $25 postpaid

Triple rich staff captain boards. $25 postpaid Sold

Goodyear patent rain caps available in 3 sizes. $65 plus S&H

As I said my new website will be up and running soon with many of my old vendors contributing outstanding goods as well as some new contributors. My regular site is still up and new items in stock will be announced in the "News" section in the meantime.

A quick word about the infamous thread over on the OTB. Seems like I am the new whipping boy for NJ ************ as apparently I did absolutely nothing right in the 6 plus years that I carried his goods. However, I hope to still be of service to the community regardless of what a insensitive rip off I am. If anyone needs to communicate with me about a specific concern please feel free to call or email me.
    Thanks, as always.
    Last edited by JerseySkilletLicker; 09-18-2006, 08:58 AM.
    Joseph Hofmann

Re: Some Odds and Ends F/S

Well I've not been to the OTB site this week, but you were always helpful when I called you to order Nick's goods.
    [FONT=Times New Roman]Charles Hollis[/FONT]

Comment

Same here, very good customer support.
      [SIZE=1]Your Obt. Servant,[/SIZE]
      Tyler Murphy
      6th N.C.S.T
      [I]"The Shirkers Mess"[/I]

Comment

Joe, You are #1 In my book, Good luck, Art

Art Stone
        13th N.J.V.
        Co. K Mess
        Last edited by Arthur Stone; 09-18-2006, 05:39 PM.
        Art Stone
        13th N.J.V.
        Co."K"
        " Rally, Boys Rally"
        Last order from Cpt. H.C. Irish at Antietam

Comment

I thought you were square with me.
          Frank Perkin

Comment

"… I hope to still be of service to the community regardless of what a insensitive rip off I am.…"

Hmmm -- Well, you DO have some ties to Kansas (!), but you've always treated me like one of the tribe. No problem ever with any of your goods or services, chum. I'll be looking at some purchases this spring when all the planets align with what's left of my salary bonus/tax refund.

These dark days will pass. Those of us of a certain age can only hope others begin to show some maturity -- or at least a little overdue respect. You've earned it.

Shalom,
            Paul Hadley
            Lincoln, Neb.
            Paul Hadley

Comment

I will be out of town through Sunday 9/25 due to a death in the family. You can reach me via my cell at 201-694-8148. I will return all emails and messages on my 800 number on Monday 9/26.
              Joseph Hofmann

Comment

Joe,

You have been nothing but a gentleman to me and have been extremely accomodating whenever I have needed help. I have no idea what happened, nor do I care, just rest assured that you will always have my business.

Sincerely and best of luck to you,
                [B][COLOR=#0000CD]Matthew P. Cassady
                [/COLOR][/B]

Comment

Joe,

You shipped to me when I was stationed in Korea and it was just like I was back home in NC. Fast, reasonable shipping and great communications.

I always check your site for great items!!

Wade Sokolosky
                  [FONT="Times New Roman"][I]Wade Sokolosky[/I][/FONT]
                  [url]www.civilwarnorthcarolina.com[/url]
                  Hedgesville Blues
                  SHOCKER MESS

Comment

Joe,

Your service and communication with me have always been first rate. I know I can deal comfortably with you and you meet your commitments. I am eagerly awaiting your new updated web site.

Best Regards,

Jim Mitchum
                    Best Regards,

Jim Mitchum

Hamptons Legion, Co. G., Claremont Rifles
                    Winstontown

"South Carolina is too small for a republic and too large for an insane asylum". ... James Petigru describing his native state in 1860

Comment

Prices are dropped, need to get on with my new site and clean house...thanks!

Used:
                      Size 44 Federal foot pattern over coat. This coat was made from a CC kit by Mike Thorson. Mike put a field added slit pocket in the front and detached the cape adding buttons to re-attach it when needed. The inside is lined in gray wool. This coat is a very heavy garment, I never actually wore it into a battle scenario but used it as a second blanket and also as a wonderful coat for early morning role call and late night trips to the sinks. $175 plus S&H

Tim Bender made Flat Top Crown (Brown) size 7 1/4, worn only a handful of times, same color as pictured on his site. $60 plus S&H

Blue pattern pleated cravat (tie yourself). I bought this tie from the folks at Circa Historic Attire back when they had a shop in G'burg. Beautiful tie. $10 postpaid. SOLD

New:

McDowell pattern forage cap (Historic Clothiers) size 7 1/8. $75 plus S&H

Federal enlisted foot trousers (Historic Clothiers) 34 X 31. $100 plus S&H

M1850 Federal cap box (Historic Clothiers). $50 plus S&H

Crossman contract shield front cap box (Historic Clothiers). $50 plus S&H

Goodyear patent rain caps available in 3 sizes. $50 plus S&H

Again, I need to clear these items out...all new items are well below cost. I will be out of town from Thursday, 9/28 through Sunday, 10/01, so leave an email or phone message.

Thanks so much for your support and for looking.

Joe
                      Last edited by JerseySkilletLicker; 09-27-2006, 01:38 PM.
                      Joseph Hofmann

Comment

Sir,

I am interested in the Blue Cravat. Contact me at fhendrix53@hotmail.com
                        [FONT="Book Antiqua"]Respectfully,
                        Frank Hendrix
                        Civil Folks Living History Guild
                        Heart of Georgia[/FONT]

When everything is coming your way, you're probably in the wrong lane.

Comment

Dear Frank,
                          You just missed it, my apologies.
                          Thanks for the inquiry.

Joe
                          Joseph Hofmann

Comment

is the bender hat still available if so I would like to get it
                            [U]Charlie Bradford[/U]
                            A Co. 8th Texas Cavalry/Terry's Texas Rangers
                            B/I Co. 7th Alabama Cav/Ruckers Brigade

In memory of my triple great grandfather,
                            William L. Toney, CPL Co. B 7th Alabama Cavalry 1863-1865

[I]"When injustice becomes law, then Rebellion becomes duty!" [/I]Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Charlie, Yes, it is. Shoot me an email with your particulars or call me. If I am out, leave a message and good time to call back.

Joe
                              Joseph Hofmann

Comment

Working...
                              X