Trans-Mississippi Depot Company
    209 W. SPUR DR.
    Cottonwood, Arizona, 86326
    (928) 649-1395

drsmith4895@earthlink.net

OCTOBER 2006
    Items In Stock
    READY TO SHIP!!!

TRANS-MISSISSIPPI DEPOT GIFT CERTIFICATES!!!!!!

Just the item for the special soldier! In denominations of
    $20, $50, & $100
    AVAILABLE NOW!

CS BELTS, Iron Dyed & Hand Sewn (ALL belts fit up to a 40” waist)

4 MB1 Militia Web Belt with Rectangular Brass Plate (1820-1900)
    Commonly encountered in period pre war and early war images. This belt is made from a correct weave militia web copied from an original in my collection that was picked up off of Manassas battlefield. The plate itself is self-adjusting, with two tines on the back of the plate that go into the webbing to secure it. The other end has a brass wire keeper for the buckle to attach to……………………………………………………………….$50.00

1 MB1 CUSTOM Leather Militia Belt
    Leather Militia Belts were a fairly common item encountered from 1861-1863, they came in a vast variety of styles. From time to time I like to make these based off originals, that I have the opportunity to examine and reproduce. I have the following offered here:

1 Polished (black) leather Militia Belt 1 Ύ” wide, with large “Clip Corner” Brass Militia Plate with early French Fasteners. Plate is made from scratch by me, as well as the belt……………………………………………..………………..$65.00

1 CSB5 Columbus Painted Cloth Belt (1863-65) (REAL Painted Cloth Not Latex). This belt is made of painted cloth folded around a central core and sewn. Copied from an example in Mansfield Louisiana With Cast Columbus Arsenal Plate………………………………………………………………..… $55.00

1 CSB9 Confederate Iron Dyed Leather Belt. (1862-65)
    Standard leather belt encountered on CS soldiers East & West With Hand stamped Copper CS “Egg” Eastern type Plate, with lead solder back & Iron Wire Hooks………………….…$60.00

1 CSB15 Leach & Rigdon Web waist belt. Comes with brass cast L&R CS spoon & wreath plate. (1863-65)
    Made by Leach & Rigdon as an Infantry Belt, it is made of heavy cotton webbing with the buckle “spoon” hand sewn on to it, the “Wreath” end of the buckle is sewn down after the waist size is established, used in the Army of Tenn…………………………………………………………………….…$40.00

2 CSB14 Confederate Iron Dyed belt with Early Confederate Copper Rectangular plate. (1861-65) This is a copy of by far the most common of early war Southern belts. Relic hunters have found the sheet metal plates to these belts on just about every major battlefield of the war. I make these plates myself in exacting detail. The belt is of strong harness leather with adjustment holes……………………………………………………………………….…$60.00

2 CSB14 Confederate Iron Dyed belt with Early Confederate Brass Rectangular plate. (1861-65) This is a copy of by far the most common of early war Southern belts. Relic hunters have found the sheet metal plates to these belts on just about every major battlefield of the war. I make these plates myself in exacting detail. The belt is of strong harness leather with adjustment holes……………………………………………………………………….…$60.00

MILITIA WEBBING IS BACK IN STOCK!!!
    Recently I have re contracted with a New England Mill to make my Well known Militia Web, Copied from my original example picked up from Battlefield of Manassas. This new stock is the best yet being closer to the original than I had hoped for!

This Militia Web was used for a variety of items in the 19th Century. Not only for Militia Accoutrements, but Drum Slings, Suspenders (Braces), Canteen Slings, & Confederate Accoutrements all during the war. It is natural White Cotton, 2” wide.

MILITIA WEB available by the yard for……….. $3. per. yard….. (2 yard Min)

US BELTS (ALL belts fit up to a 40” waist)

1 USB2 U.S. Mid-Late War Belt (Has Brass “Clip” keeper) With correct buckle (Used from 1863-1872). The mid-late war belt was developed in 1862/63 for easier use of the keeper. The old loop type was replaced by the use of the patented brass “Clip” keeper, which allowed the soldier to leave the belt plate on the belt when putting it on, and stop the soldiers from cutting off the leather loop that the clip replaced. Comes complete with US Mid-Late war belt plate..…………………………………………………………………………$50.00

Belt Plates

1 Early US Waist Belt plate with curved face,
    (Copied from 5 Originals)…………………………………….$15.00 ea.

10 Pattern 1839 “Baby” US Plates for the 1 ½” regulation Belt
    …………………………………………………………………………..$12.00 ea

3 Early CS Rectangular plain sheet Brass plate
    with iron wire hooks……………………………………………$15.00 ea.

4 Early CS Rectangular plain sheet Copper plate
    with iron wire hooks……………………………………………$15.00 ea.

HAVERSACKS

4 USH2 U.S. M1851 Early War Haversack, Unknown Contractor, Partial Machine Sewn as per the Original, with interior bag (1861-1872)
    Similar to the Pre War model this Early Wartime example has some period machine-stitching (On one of my machines outfitted with Allen Wilson’s Pat.1851 Rolling Hook Mechanism) showing the need for a faster means of supply for the growing Federal Army met by contractors. The bag is Painted by hand with correct period paint, & finished by hand and finished off with hand flat felled seams and leather strap and 5/8” roller buckle. Comes complete with interior bag……………………………………………………………………$70.00 ea

1 USH3 U.S. M1851 New York Depot Haversack, Almost Completely Machine Sewn as Per The Original. Inspector Marked. With interior bag (1862-1872)
    Made by the New York Depot in 1862. This haversack is 10 ½”tall x 13” wide with a 3” wide bottom gusset, and is mostly Period Machine sewn (Per the 1851 Rolling Hook Mechanism), Hand painted with period recipe paint, hand finished with flat felled seams, leather strap & buckle. The flaps leather strap is complete with Inspectors Stamp of the NY Depot. Comes complete with interior bag held in place by Paper Back Tin Buttons………………………………………………………...……..$65.00 ea

4 CSH1 “William Spinlin” Cotton Haversack, Period Machine Sewn (1862-65)
    The “Spinlin” Haversack resides in the Museum of the Confederacy in Richmond VA. It is an important haversack since it is entirely machine sewn out of Cotton Duck, most likely a mass-produced product during the war. It is a large haversack aprox. 10”tall X 13” wide and buttons close with a bone button………………………………………………………….$30.00 ea

CANTEEN SLINGS

5 USCS2 U.S. Cloth Canteen Sling, Period Machine Sewn (1860-1874)
    Starting around 1860 the m1858 canteen was furnished at some depots with a folded cloth sling that was machine sewn. It was used on the canteen eventually becoming the standard making the leather sling obsolete. The Cloth sling was used until 1874 when the sling was changed to a different type. This sling is period machine sewn with the pat. 1851 Wilson Mechanism. This strap comes with inspector marks……………………………………………………………..$10.00

1 CSCS8 Confederate Folded Cloth Canteen Sling with Suspender Buckle (1861-65)
    This canteen sling is seen on many examples of Tin Drum canteen. It is made of period machine sewn cotton canvas belting with a 1” suspender buckle sewn to the end. As seen in Silvia & O’Donnell’s Canteen book……………..……………………………………………………..……$15.00

1 CSCS5 Confederate Cotton Web Canteen Sling, With Iron Roller Buckle (1861-65)
    As Seen in the Canteen Book by Silvia & O’Donnell on “Gardner” Canteens
    And on C.S. Tin Drum and Captured Canteens. This strap features a 7/8” iron wire roller buckle secured with a leather end piece, that is saddle stitched to the web strap. The buckle adjusts by working the tongue thought the web…………………………………………………………….$20.00

"TERMS & CONDITIONS"

ORDERING:
    I accept Orders by Mail and by Phone (928) 649-1395
    Phone Hours are 7am –7pm M-F, Sat By Chance

Returns accepted on items if returned within ten days. Shipping costs will not be refunded.

Custom Orders & Antique Watches CANNOT be returned.
    (Unless other wise negotiated in regards to watches)

PLEASE ALLOW:
    Some items are in stock and can be sent out As soon as payment arrives. Please contact me to receive the current IN STOCK LIST.

Delivery time is 16 Weeks (Or Less) on items that are not in stock.

PLEASE NOTE! I will endeavor to get your order to you As Soon As I Can with in the time frame given. Your Patronage and Patience is greatly appreciated.

PLEASE… If you have concerns about meeting a delivery deadline, write, e-mail or call BEFORE placing your order.

SHIPPING: We Ship Via US Priority Mail
    With orders up to $69.00, add $6.00; from $70.00 to $149.00, add $9.00; from $150.00 to $300.00, add $12.00; from $300.00 to $500.00, add $15.00; in excess of $500.00, add $20.00.

PAYMENTS: PAYMENT in FULL CONFIRMS Order.

Money Orders and Cashiers Checks PREFERED

VISA & MASTERCARD ACCEPTED BY PHONE

MONEY ORDERS ORIGINATING OUTSIDE THE U.S.A. WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. Customers outside of the U.S. must pay with VISA, MasterCard or U.S. funds

PLEASE MAKE OUT, AND SEND TO:

Trans-Mississippi Depot Co.
    209 W. SPUR Dr.
    COTTONWOOD, AZ, 86326
    (928) 649-1395
    Don F Smith

Re: T.M.D.Co. Oct IN Stock List!!!!!

Hi All,

The NY Depot Haversack is sold

Many more items on hand to sell!!!!

All the best

Don S