Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Antique Linen Thread For Sale, Limited Time Only!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antique Linen Thread For Sale, Limited Time Only!!!

Gents,

I recently invested a small fortune in some excellent antique linen thread that I had imported from Europe. This thread has a tensile strength not available in modern linen thread (it is so strong, it is difficult to break by hand,) and sews like the original thread in both hand sewing AND machine sewing. The thread is a uniform width, with none of the "bumps" seen in modern linen thread that makes machine work impossible.

This thread does not fray apart and separate within minutes of the first stitch like modern linen, and can even be used to sew when un-waxed. When waxed for hand sewing it is so strong that your stitches will hold like iron. This thread will also make your buttonholes look amazing and allow them to hold up and wear as strong as the original garments.

Truly there is no substitute for this thread and as I am only selling 25 spools you need to jump on this offer right now! There are 20 spools of natural and 5 spools of gray thread available at the one time price of $25.00 a spool. Each spool contains between 500 and 600 yards of thread and will allow you to complete several sewing projects, or do hundreds of buttonholes! The size of the thread is a 30/3.

Order now! When these are gone I will never be selling any more, and as these are an antique item they will not be available again! Interested in purchasing several spools? Call or email and we can discuss a wholesale price.

If interested, call or email and you can pay with your VISA or Mastercard, or send a check or money order. Act now, once they're gone that's it! There won't be any more!

Best Regards,
    Last edited by Dan Wambaugh; 12-04-2006, 11:25 AM.
    Dan Wambaugh
    Wambaugh, White, & Company
    www.wwandcompany.com
    517-303-3609
    Become our fan on Facebook by clicking HERE

Re: Antique Linen Thread For Sale, Limited Time Only!!!

ive seen this stuff in person, its superb.

dan,
    and ill get some once i have money :)

John
    [FONT="Georgia"][SIZE="3"]John R. Legg[/SIZE][/FONT]

[email]Johnlegg90@gmail.com[/email]

"Alright, Legg, what did you screw up now?" - C. Henderson
    Ft.Blakeley LH - May 25-27
    Maryland, My Maryland. - September 7-9
    6th Wisconsin Antietam LH - September 15-17
    150th Perryville - October 5-7
    Valley Forge - January 18-20, 2013

Comment

Folks,

We sold about ten spools yesterday, but we still have a couple of gray spools available and several natural. Trust me, if you hand sew quite a bit and have ever tried to use modern linen thread, you will kick yourself if you don't jump on this stuff.

Keep the calls coming!

Best,
      Dan Wambaugh
      www.wwandcompany.com
      517-303-3609

Comment

Howdy folks,

Just a little update to let you know that we have just one spool of natural linen thread left. That's it! Once it's gone, there won't ever be anymore!

Also I wanted to take a minute to thank Paul, Matt, Dusty, Tripp, and everyone else who has been laboring to keep the site running in the last week. I personally credit the site for well over 2/3 of my business so in a very real way your work means my business surviving. Thank you!

Best,
        Dan Wambaugh
        www.wwandcompany.com
        517-303-3609

Comment

I've had a number of private requests from purchasers of this lovely thread for additional instruction---as they wish to dye it with various period dyes.

Since linen is rather cranky when it comes to taking dye, it may require some careful processing. With that in mind, rather than giving specific steps for specific colors, I instead recommend a particular book that gives in-depth instruction for this task:

The Art and Craft of Natural Dyeing-Traditional Recipies for Modern Use
          J. N. Liles University of Tennessee Press ISBN 0-87049-889-9

The late Dr. Liles(a fine Revolutionary War reenactor as well as a college professor) did a tremendous amount of research on early dye processes, and translated them into modern chemical terms and measures for 1 pound dyelots.

This thread IS a delight to sew with--I can tell it will be one of my carefully hoarded 'pets'. Thank you Dan for bringing this to us.
          Terre Hood Biederman
          Yassir, I used to be Mrs. Lawson. I still run period dyepots, knit stuff, and cause trouble.

sigpic
          Wearing Grossly Out of Fashion Clothing Since 1958.

ADVENTURE CALLS. Can you hear it? Come ON.

Comment

Terre,

I'm very glad that you like the thread. You can see why I adore the stuff so much.

As of two days ago the last spool was purchased. That is it, there will not be any more offered for sale at any time. My profound thanks to everyone who purchased a spool, and it is my earnest hope that you enjoy working with it as much as I do!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all!

Best,
            Dan Wambaugh
            www.wwandcompany.com
            517-303-3609

Comment

Working...
            X