Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New items in stock!

Gents,

We have added a couple of new exciting items to our inventory: US Contract Lorenz bayonet scabbards and wool socks woven on an original 19th century weaving machine!

Our bayonet scabbard is copied from an original in a private collection that was found with a Lorenz bayonet inside. It is presumed that the scabbard is a US army contract scabbard, not a scabbard made specifically for the Lorenz bayonet, but one of a style well-suited for the unique cruciform design. The scabbard is of a tubular design, with the sheath itself sewn with both ends of the leather sewn flush together.

The socks are another special new item, made entirely from sheep's gray colors of New England wool, and woven on an original tubular knitting machine. These highly durable socks are an authentic and cost-efficient alternative to hand knit socks!

We have also received a new shipment of our top quality Christian Commission housewives, made from leather, rubber, and cloth, as well CS housewives made from jean and other heavy duty cottons.

Information on the new items can be found here:

http://www.wwandcompany.com/usleathers.html

http://www.wwandcompany.com/socks.html

Best Regards,
    Last edited by Dan Wambaugh; 01-20-2008, 03:27 PM.
    Dan Wambaugh
    Wambaugh, White, & Company
    www.wwandcompany.com
    517-303-3609
    Become our fan on Facebook by clicking HERE

Re: New items in stock!

Dan,
    I just purchased a Lorenz and bayonet. I had dispaired of ever finding the proper size scabard (and was about to have one made). The blade of the bayonet is 19" and I was wondering if that will fit into the scabard you have for sale. It sticks out about 3" from an Enfield (Springfield style) scabard. I am hoping that yours will "fit" the bill. Please let me know.
    Rob Stevenson
    Chesapeake Volunteer Guard
    Last edited by Sgt Rob ODG; 02-23-2007, 07:08 PM. Reason: small clarification

Comment

Rob,
      I purchased the first of Dan's Lorenz scabbards and it fits my bayonet perfectly. (19" stem to stern). Overall length of the scabbard is 20" and it's a beautifully done piece of work.

-Joe Spevack
      Joe Spevack

Comment

The scabbard is really nice.

Matt
        Matthew Thompson

Comment

Working...
        X