Federal Frock Workshop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Federal Frock Workshop?

I've gotten a few e-mails from people asking if I'd do an Infantry Uniform Coat Workshop and wanted to post a poll to see what sort of interest was out there before I moved forward with the class.

Here are the details, please respond to the poll based on these factors:

Date:September 13-14, 2008
    Length: Two full days (8am-5pm)
    What you get:A pre-cut frock coat kit which includes all the fabric, trim, buttons, hooks-n-eyes, notions and thread.
    Objectives: To assemble a Infantry Uniform Coat using period techniques and proceedures. Students will go home with a 75%-100% completed garment depending on skill level.
    What you bring: Patience and a willingness to learn 19th century assembly techniques.
    Cost: $300.00

Oh, a light breakfast and lunch are included in the price.
    Yes, I'm coming, please send me a registration form.
    21.11%
    No, I am not interested.
    18.89%
    I would go if it were a different weekend.
    7.78%
    I would take the class if I could make a heavy artillery, engineer or steward frock coat
    0.00%
    I would take the class if could make an officer frock coat
    1.11%
    I would take the class if it were cheaper and/or closer to me.
    51.11%
    Last edited by CJDaley; 03-10-2008, 02:02 PM.
    [COLOR="DarkRed"] [B][SIZE=2][FONT=Book Antiqua]Christopher J. Daley[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Re: Federal Frock Workshop?

Closer to me. Thats the only thing that would stop me.

I understand and have no issues with the cost.
    Ron Mueller
    Illinois
    New Madrid Guards

"How many legs does a dog have if you call the tail a leg?
    Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg."
    Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Hi,

I would love to be able to take that class, but I live about 1,000 miles away.

Andrew Kasmar

4th Missouri Company E
      Andrew Kasmar

Comment

I have to agree with Ron. The price isn't the issue, but the distance from Florida (time + $3-4/gal. gas) is what would prevent me from attending. I have always wanted to take one of these classes. Is there any possibility of one being held further south? Thanks.
        Thomas N. Rachal

Comment

4 hour drive for me. I'd be there in a heartbeat. Due to my skill level, I may get perhaps one running foot of seam done, but it sounds real interesting to me. And, it's always good to see you Chris. Count me in.
          Joe Madden
          13th New Hampshire Vols.
          Co. E
          Unattached

Comment

I have to agree with Ron. The price isn't the issue, but the distance from Florida (time + $3-4/gal. gas) is what would prevent me from attending. I have always wanted to take one of these classes. Is there any possibility of one being held further south? Thanks.

Tom, and others: If you can make it to Raleigh, I can get you the rest of the way there and back at no travel cost. My treat. Let me know.
            Joe Madden
            13th New Hampshire Vols.
            Co. E
            Unattached

Comment

I would take the class if it were held sometime during the summer before Mid-August as I have college and wouldn't be able to make the trip.
              Santiago Luis Montalvo
              Unaffiliated (on college leave)
              [email]cwsoldier6165@yahoo.com[/email]

Comment

I would have to agree with those above, I would love to take part in a workshop, yet I live in Ga. If there was to be a workshop held further south I would be on it in a heartbeat!

Hopefully,
                David Norton
                David Norton

Comment

If I knew I'd have the extra dough at that time I would be the first one there and last to leave. This is something I've had a great interest in for quite a while now.
                  Charlie Thayer

"Confederates were looking for some shoes, which were in short supply in the South because of the Union Blockade. The Confederates received gun fire instead of shoes." Quote of a random student in one of my classes.

Comment

Can get there from Mississippi but would be better in the Summer months. I would love to make it,
                    DN
                    Dennis Neal
                    "He who feels no pride in his ancestors is unworthy to be remembered by his descendants"
                    David F. Boyd, Major 9th Louisiana
                    Visit the site of the 16th Louisiana at
                    [url]http://www.16thlainf.com/[/url]
                    J. M. Wesson Lodge 317

Comment

As long as I could get things squared with work, I would do my best to be there.
                      Jeff "Thad" Gallagher

Pit Rat Mess
                      49th Ohio
                      Huber Heights #777 F&AM

"The moralities of this company are not as good as they used to be, there is much swearing and abuse." Francis Kiene 49th OVI

Comment

96o Miles
                        +15 hrs. (going the speed limit all the way)
                        +Living on the mississippi Gulf Coast
                        +School five days a week
                        -----------------------------
                        I can't make it... :cry_smile I agree with Dennis, You should do a summer one closer to MS.
                        Tyler Gibson
                        The Independent Rifles

Comment

I'm in...

An opportunity to get a Frock Coat I need and learn at the knee of a respected tailor.

I can make it that weekend and if you need to move it within a month in either direction I would still come except the weekend of 19-21 September when the Chickamauga Living History is going on.
                          Your Obedient Servant,

Peter M. Berezuk

Comment

When, where, and how do I sign up? I know myself and my wife would be there.
                            Ted Siljowicz

Comment

I'd love to make this. But it's a 18 hour drive. As if that isn't enough, after fuel skyrockets for the summer and then comes back down 4 cents. The cost for everything else, I just can't. But I'd love to sit and learn the art! :(
                              Regards,
                              [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][I]J.L. Hurst[/I][/FONT]

[B][FONT="Arial Black"]Independant Rifles[/FONT][/B]

[SIZE="1"][FONT="Trebuchet MS"][I]Like vandals of old through our land they did ride
                              With Hunger and Death always close by their side.
                              Came Terror, his herald - but the wailing comes first . . .
                              We know he is coming, That demon called Hurst[/I][/FONT].[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"][FONT="Trebuchet MS"][I] Who ate my Nutter Butter!?!? Said the angry yet still hungry fellow from Gulf Port[/I][/FONT].[/SIZE]

Comment

Working...
                              X