Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Federal Frock Workshop?

Folks,

Later this year I am doing a similar workshop for the ONV in their neighborhood, the only difference being that they are covering my room and board for the entire weekend, and another gentleman is handling all the reservations and other arrangements int heir area. If you want Chris (or any other vendor for that matter) to come to your stomping grounds and teach your unit, it is much more practical to try the method the ONV did, and "make them an offer they can't refuse." There is a lot of coordinating work that goes into a workshop such as this and if some enterprising individual wants to take it upon themselves to coordinate things in their home town it certainly makes it easier on the vendor and then you won't have to drive but a few miles for the workshop!

Best,
    Dan Wambaugh
    Wambaugh, White, & Company
    www.wwandcompany.com
    517-303-3609
    Become our fan on Facebook by clicking HERE

Comment

Chris,
      I would be interested in the class. I would be coming from Orange County, NY. Let me know how to register. Thanks
      Scott Schrimpe
      124 N.Y.S.V.
      "Orange Blossom's"

Hedgesville Blues
      Va.2E
      "Shocker Mess"

Comment

Dan,

Details if you please . It sounds interesting.

RM
        Rod Miller
        [COLOR=SlateGray]Old Pards[/COLOR]
        [COLOR=DarkRed]Cornfed Comrades[/COLOR]
        [COLOR=Navy]Old Northwest Volunteers[/COLOR]

[FONT=Palatino Linotype]"We trust, Sir, that God is on our side." "It is more important to know that we are on God's side."
        A. Lincoln[/FONT]

150th Anniversary
        1861 Camp Jackson-Sgt. German Milita US
        1st Manassas- Chaplain T. Witherspoon, 2nd Miss. Inf. CS
        1862 Shiloh -Lt. ,6th Miss. Inf. CS
        1863 VicksburgLH-Captain Cephas Williams, 113th Co.B US
        Gettysburg BGA- Chaplain WilliamWay, 24th MI US
        1864 Charleston Riot-Judge Charles Constable "Copperhead".
        Bermuda Hundred Campaign-USCC Field Agent J.R. Miller

Comment

Originally posted by Rmhisteach View Post
          Dan,

Details if you please . It sounds interesting.

RM
          Somebody let the cat out of the bag? :wink_smil
          Mark Krausz
          William L. Campbell
          Prodigal Sons Mess of Co. B 36th IL Inf.
          Old Northwest Volunteers
          Agents Campbell and Pelican's Military Goods

Comment

I would definately go if the price was more around the mid to high $200 level closer and different date. If it were 100 miles or less (give or take) I would make it. But alas, you can't satisfy everyone and thier individual needs:p If you pin down your results after this poll, let me know and I will see what I can do. I would really like to attend. The desire might outweigh the pocket, lol.
            [FONT="Georgia"][SIZE="2"][I]Shawn Dyer
            1st OVI Co. A
            Lancaster Guards[/I][/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

Depending on just how light that breakfast is, I'd say 300.oo is a great deal - materials and 16 hours of instruction at the feet of a master of the art. Count me in.
              Peter Julius
              North State Rifles

"North Carolina - a vale of humility between two mountains of conceit." Unknown author

Comment

Thanks to everyone who responded, these are pretty interesting results for sure.

Registration for the September Class: I'm going to leave this poll open for another few weeks. Anyone who expressed interest in registering will be sent a PM once the poll closes with registration information. Since the class size for this workshop is only 10 students it'll be first come first serve.

Future Classes: If your unit has 10 or more people willing to endure Frock Coat Boot Camp, then I will gladly fly out to your home city and teach this class. Please understand however that the cost of the class will jump above $300 to account for airfare and lodging. Another price factor will be conference room rental, I've got a pretty good rate here in Williamsburg, but as long as that stays the same or lower, it won't raise the price.

Date: I sympathize with reenacting and school schedules, this is the earliest I can get the room rental to do the workshop, plus my job is a little crazy during tourist season so 'back to school' time is the best I can do right now. While I can't do summer in the future, maybe we can do a spring break or winter break sort of thing for college kids?

Location I also sympathize with everyone who has to drive long distances for this class. It severely impacts the cost of the workshop. Again, if you find 10 pards in your town, I'll fly out to you.

Depending on just how light that breakfast is,
                Fruit, bagels, juice, coffee, pastries...
                [COLOR="DarkRed"] [B][SIZE=2][FONT=Book Antiqua]Christopher J. Daley[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Count me in. I'd like to register when it is time.
                  Thanks,
                  Andrew Turner
                  Co.D 27th NCT
                  Liberty Rifles

"Well, by God, I’ll take my men in and if they outflank me I’ll face my men about and cut my way out. Forward, men!” Gen. John R. Cooke at Bristoe Station,VA

Comment

For me it would be a combination of the distance + the weekend it falls on. For now I can just dream a little ... :cry_smile
                    [FONT="Georgia"][I]Marc Averill[/I]
                    Dirigo Grays
                    CWT[/FONT]

[I][COLOR="Blue"]"Time sets all things right. Error lives but a day. Truth is eternal." [/COLOR][/I]
                    Lt. General James Longstreet

Comment

I'd love to go but it is too far unless I can think of a reason to be in the area anyway. I have family out there but it's a LONG LONG Drive. I think it's a SUPER idea but i'd have to add accomodations and price. Great deal, great idea, just too far away.
                      Luke Gilly
                      Breckinridge Greys
                      Lodge 661 F&AM

"May the grass grow long on the road to hell." --an Irish toast

Comment

Can we change our vote?

After serious thought, this is something I need to enroll myself in. I, like most of the people here consider myself a lifelong student. Sewing is something I'm seriously wanting to take up. I just purchased a Willcox & Gibbs treadle machine, but what good is it to me now? I could stand to learn more, and will go. Bully idea sir!

Dan,

Let me know, because I'll sign up for that too. (wife permitting :o )
                        Regards,
                        [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][I]J.L. Hurst[/I][/FONT]

[B][FONT="Arial Black"]Independant Rifles[/FONT][/B]

[SIZE="1"][FONT="Trebuchet MS"][I]Like vandals of old through our land they did ride
                        With Hunger and Death always close by their side.
                        Came Terror, his herald - but the wailing comes first . . .
                        We know he is coming, That demon called Hurst[/I][/FONT].[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"][FONT="Trebuchet MS"][I] Who ate my Nutter Butter!?!? Said the angry yet still hungry fellow from Gulf Port[/I][/FONT].[/SIZE]

Comment

Actually - I may have to work to make this work...$158 round trip is !$*@ cheap for air fare.
                          [FONT="Georgia"][I]Marc Averill[/I]
                          Dirigo Grays
                          CWT[/FONT]

[I][COLOR="Blue"]"Time sets all things right. Error lives but a day. Truth is eternal." [/COLOR][/I]
                          Lt. General James Longstreet

Comment

Registration opens this morning. It closes when I have ten registrants.

Click the link below to register:

Buy & sell electronics, cars, clothes, collectibles & more on eBay, the world's online marketplace. Top brands, low prices & free shipping on many items.

Or you can register over the phone by calling me from 8pm-10pm at 757-229-2834

Got questions? Just ask.
                            [COLOR="DarkRed"] [B][SIZE=2][FONT=Book Antiqua]Christopher J. Daley[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

What about those who registered via the other thread one here? Also, what was with the $9.00 S&H charge? Any suggestions on what hotel(s) to stay at?
                              Ted Siljowicz

Comment

I would attend if I were reasonably certain that I will be making the trip to Williamsburg to visit my daughter this year. I normally come late August to Mid September and I would extend my trip to encompass a workshop but right now I don't know if I am going to make it there this year.
                                Matthew S. Laird
                                [email]CampMcCulloch@gmail.com[/email]
                                [COLOR="DarkRed"]Rogers Lodge #460 F&AM

Cane Hill College Mess, Company H, McRae's Arkansas Infantry
                                Auxiliary, New Madrid Guards Mess
                                [/COLOR]
                                [I]"An association of men who will not quarrel with one another is a thing which has never yet existed, from the greatest confederacy of nations down to a town meeting or a vestry. "[/I] Thomas Jefferson

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Working...
                                X