Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Currency

Howdy gents,

I have been doing some research on Federal Currency and am at a lost. I have been finding currency from most all of the states and I am missing one state and that is Ohio. I was wondering if anyone new who I could get in touch with about Ohio Currency or if anyone new where I could purchase some currency from the state of Ohio for reenacting. I am looking for more of the 1863 or 1862 paper money, but so far haven't come up with anything.

Thanks
    Chadd M. Vail
    Death is always a good thing. Its just life after death that you got to worry about.

Re: Currency

I have been having the same problem, as I am from Ohio I would too like to find some Ohio currency.
    Kenton Siers

“South Carolina is too small for a republic and too large for an insane asylum” - James L. Petigru

Comment

Have you checked Sullivan Press? I was going to check them and see what they had to offer. I am also from Ohio and currently live in South Carolina but planning on moving back to Ohio and joining up with the 51st OVI and wanted to improve more on my Federal Impression. I am going to talk with Sullivan Press and see what they offer and if they come up with anything i'll email you.

Chadd M. Vail
      Death is always a good thing. Its just life after death that you got to worry about.

Comment

Try this:

Not exactly CW period but the 1845 stuff may have still been around.
        Jim Reynolds
        Sykes' Regulars

"...General Jackson rode up & told them that they must look out, for those troops were the regulars & if they made the slightest mismove or wavered an instant all would be lost, for the regulars were devils & would cut them to pieces."

Comment

Try Cody Mobley (aka Company Tailor) He made me some bills drawn on the bank of Shelbyville, TN and the State of Virginia $1 Confederate notes. Great quality in repros... perhaps he could make you some Ohio bills.

-Johnny Lloyd
          Johnny Lloyd
          John "Johnny" Lloyd
          Think before you post... Rules on this forum here
          SCAR
          Known to associate with the following fine groups: WIG/AG/CR

"Without history, there can be no research standards.
          Without research standards, there can be no authenticity.
          Without the attempt at authenticity, all is just a fantasy.
          Fantasy is not history nor heritage, because it never really existed." -Me

Proud descendant of...

Comment

Working...
          X