Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frank Leslie's Weekly

Another "citation" from Wiki, but it got me thinking:

Is anyone making period-correct copies of Frank Leslie's Weekly? I have seen copies of Harper's Weekly galore (I used one copy of Harpers I had as "necessary paper" at W64- soft on the posterior region, let me tell you... probably only good for that anyway. LOL)

It was refreshing at W64 to see the New York Tribune broadsheet being sold. I feel it was something different.... Not as sanitary paper, but as actual reading material.

Thanks- Johnny Lloyd
    Johnny Lloyd
    John "Johnny" Lloyd
    Think before you post... Rules on this forum here
    SCAR
    Known to associate with the following fine groups: WIG/AG/CR

"Without history, there can be no research standards.
    Without research standards, there can be no authenticity.
    Without the attempt at authenticity, all is just a fantasy.
    Fantasy is not history nor heritage, because it never really existed." -Me

Proud descendant of...

Re: Frank Leslie's Weekly

I've seen different individual copies of Leslies at the Gettysburg and Fort Moultrie NPS sites in recent years.

I'm clueless as to who is making them though--once I've read them, I tend to slice them up to line band boxes and trunks, and the maker's name is now lost to me.
    Terre Hood Biederman
    Yassir, I used to be Mrs. Lawson. I still run period dyepots, knit stuff, and cause trouble.

sigpic
    Wearing Grossly Out of Fashion Clothing Since 1958.

ADVENTURE CALLS. Can you hear it? Come ON.

Comment

Re: Frank Leslie's Weekly

There's a seller on ebay who currently has three different repro copies of Frank Leslie's Illustrated Newspaper, along with some Southern Illustrated repro newspapers and quite a few Harper's. His prices are reasonable ($2.99 per copy), and the modern copyright notice on the paper is very small (fine print on the bottom of the final page on my July 25, 1863 Leslie's). The seller's name is historical_newspaper_boy. See his current list of items here.
      [FONT="Comic Sans MS"]

Comment

Working...
      X