Massive Todd Watts Enfield Defarb!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Massive Todd Watts Enfield Defarb!!!

Well, he told me to be amazed when my Enfield arrived after his defarb job, and I must say he wasn't lying. I took it out of the box an hour ago and there isn't a hint of any old markings, except for a small dent on the lockplate, but that was to be expected, and you wouldn't know it unless you knew exactly what to look for. The stock was stripped, reshaped and oiled a really warm brown, and restamped with the inspector's marks. All the stamps on the barrel are in all the right places. And the barrel bluing is literally top shelf -- like it just came off the top shelf at the retailer. Bands were also reshaped and blued, and the nose cap riveted. Plus he threw in a good polishing of the brass all around. I also sent my bayonet, which be blued and stamped.

I definitely recommend his services to anyone who needs an Enfield defarbed. Great job Todd!!!
    Lynn Kessler
    Co. C
    Chesapeake Volunteer Guards
    The Southern Division

Re: Massive Todd Watts Enfield Defarb!!!

Hi,

Does he have a web site? Also does he defarb other weapons besides the Enfield? Thanks.
    Andrew Kasmar

Comment

I received my defarbed Enfield from Todd this last winter and could not wait until this new season to begin so I could "field test" it. He did a Bond version on mine and I also added the defarbed Salter bayonet when I purchased it. I was also fortunate to have picked up an original Enfield tampion and an English made reproduction nipple protector. The set is so nice I hate to stack arms with the Jonas and Beats now for fear of damaging such a work of art!

Not only does Todd do exceptional work, he was rather quick in turnaround when I ordered mine.

Jas. T. Lemon
      50th VA Corporal

Comment

I can't say enough of the quality that Todd did on my Bond version as well. He takes great pride in his craftmanship which translated into the amazing work he did on my Enfield. From the crisp cartouche stamp on the stock to the removal of old numbers and addition of correct period markings and the painstaking time to correctly re-shape the stock just illustrates his talents. Did I mention his customer service is 2nd to none!
        [FONT=Georgia][/FONT][SIZE="3"][FONT="Georgia"]Dan Biggs[/FONT][/SIZE]

-Member of the Southwest Volunteers Mess

Comment

Contact info?
          Robert Carter
          69th NYSV, Co. A
          justrobnj@gmail.com
          www.69thsnyv.org

Comment

You can get his services through Blockade Runner.
            Robert Ambrose

Park Ranger
            Fort Frederick State Park, Maryland
            5th Virginia Infantry Co. K

Comment

Originally posted by JustRob View Post
              Contact info?
              You will find him in the Member List as Todd Watts. He frequents this board regularly.
              Lynn Kessler
              Co. C
              Chesapeake Volunteer Guards
              The Southern Division

Comment

:o Wow! Thanks fellas! I hadn't been on this in a few days and wasn't aware this was going on. I'm about to start a MS rifle for the first time and am getting some stamps together for that purpose. Also, I am getting ready to try a Shuyler US-version Enfield for kicks. I'm going to have to free-hand some markings on it and if I like the version I will get stamps for it in case some hard-core Yankees want a dedicated US import Enfield. Some of these no-doubt found their way into CS hands as captures or pick-ups, but the vast majority were in US ranks. I got a real good look at one owned by Tim Prince a few weeks back and decided to have a go at one.;) I just can't leave "well-enough" alone.

Comment

I look forward to seeing the results for your US Enfield, Todd. Please keep us posted.
                  Ross L. Lamoreaux
                  rlamoreaux@tampabayhistorycenter.org

"...and if profanity was included in the course of study at West Point, I am sure that the Army of the Cumberland had their share of the prize scholars in this branch." - B.F. Scribner, 38th Indiana Vol Inf

Comment

Just finished the Shuyler, Hartley & Graham version. Attached are some pics of the more special parts. Just like the original I copied, it has a brass-rivetted nose cap, is dated 1862 over TOWER, and is #3 on the stock SH&G stamp as well as having #3 on the barrel bottom, hammer, lock interior, breech plug back and breech base, and has hand-filed "3-lines" inside the barrel bands, under the butt plate and on top of the trigger guard. The Lock interior has no maker's name as the original didn't either. I copied the inspector's oval and initials as best as I could. I was not sure if it was a P or T there so I guessed it as a P. The rammer channel has a T.TURNER and the barrel maker's initials "J.H" are stamped under the barrel. As with all of mine, the wrist is slimmed na dthe butt narrowed a lot to get it as close as practical to the original contours. Please do critique it so I know your thoughts and whether improvements need to be made that I missed.
                    Attached Files

Comment

I just got my PH Enfield back from Todd yesterday afternoon. I'm pretty pleased with it. My favorite part is the E. Bond cartouche on the stock! It is awesome! I asked Todd if he would put "Tower" over the "1859"; he after checking that it was correct and accomadated me w/my request. Thanks Todd!
                      Attached Files
                      [FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=3]Michael Phillips, GGG Grandson of
                      Pvt Edmond Phillips, 44th NCT, Co E, "The Turtle Paws"[/SIZE]
                      [SIZE=2]Mustered in March 1862
                      Paroled at Appomattox C.H. Virginia, April 15, 1865[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=Navy][B]"Good, now we'll have news from Hell before breakfast."[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
                      Was Gen Sherman's response upon hearing the capture and execution of 3 reporters who had followed from Atlanta, by the rebels.
                      The execution part turned out to be false.[COLOR=DarkRed] [B]Dagg Nabbit![/B][/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

Thanks for the pics! That is quite an improvement over the "out-of-the-box" repro!
                        John Wickett
                        Former Carpetbagger
                        Administrator (We got rules here! Be Nice - Sign Your Name - No Farbisms)

Comment

Hello All,

Sent Todd my 'Parker Hale' Enfield that I never use, bought it 4-5 years ago but was not to realistic looking , he stripped it , blued it removed all modern and incorrect markings, re-finihed it and added correct stamps and barrel markings, it is un-recognizable fom the musket I sent him.I am very pleased with the work and craftmanship and can't say enough for Todd's courteous service, updates and fast 4 week turn around.
                          Bob Hutton:)

14th NC "Wild Cats"

Comment

I sent my original Nepalese made type II P1853 (shootable IMA $240.00 special that I had to clean up & check out before shooting) out to Todd a couple of weeks ago, to have the Gurkha marks replaced with ones appropriate for a Civil War musket, and to have a bayonet properly fitted & marked. Can't wait to see the results!
                            [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Blue"]Richard Knack[/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

Todd,

If you happen to read this - Great Job!! This week, I received back my Shuyler, Hartley & Graham Enfield. It is amazing. Great work indeed! Thanks, Todd.

Evan O'Dell

Comment

Working...
                              X