• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 14th corps 1st division badges

Originally posted by flattop32355 View Post
    4th Division. Green
    Not common, but it did happen.
    Green as the color for a fourth division was not universal. I recall one fourth division badge--I forget right now which corps it was--who's "color" was blue-red-white (all three colors on one badge).

In some of the corps of the Army of the Potomac, when the army was consolidated from five corps to three in April 1864, that some divisions that were the "new" third and fourth divisions of their new corps retained their old corps badge; hence, the fourth division of the Fifth Corps in the Overland Campaign actually, in large part, wore a First Corps badge, and the third and fourth divisions of the enlarged Second Corps largely wore the badges of the first and second divisions of the old Third Corps.

Comment

Re: 14th corps 1st division badges

As I recall Green was for the 4th Div. within 6th, 9th, and 20th Corps. Yellow was also used for the 4th Div. 15th Corps. Multi-colored was for Headquarters and also some Artillery in certain Corps. I believe an old issue of North South Trader had this info just don't have the copy in front of me at the moment.

Steve LaBarre
      Corn Fed Comrades

Comment

Working...
      X