Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steamboat Arabia - Everything you want to know!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Steamboat Arabia - Everything you want to know!

I would make the trip for that!!!! The one opportunity I have to see the backside and to touch and tell!!! Sure count me in!

Jeremy aka The Mad MIck!
    Jeremy G. Richardson

Preserving History by Recreating the Past!

Comment

Originally posted by Steamboat Willie View Post
      So, is there interest in doing an event of this type?
      Tell me the date and I'll start organizing a carpool from the West Coast. ;-)
      Troy Groves "AZReenactor"
      1st California Infantry Volunteers, Co. C

So, you think that scrap in the East is rough, do you?
      Ever consider what it means to be captured by Apaches?

Comment

Rick,

I'll be at the museum tomorrow morning at 10 am. I'm interested in a back room tour!:D
        Rob Murray

Comment

Rick.

I know that Miss. Sarah belle any myself would be very intersted in going. We are in the talking stages of making a trip as it is.
          [FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][SIZE="5"]Jasper Massey.
          [FONT="Arial Narrow"][SIZE="3"]Christopher Irelan.
          CFC.[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

Rick,

Add me to your growing list of attendees.I'll hope that I can make it when scheduled.

Oh,if only Dog River offered a scroll flask for sale......................

Thanks!
            Forrest Peterson

Tater Mess
            Tater Mess Social Orchestra
            Missourah Shirkers

Comment

Originally posted by AZReenactor View Post
              Tell me the date and I'll start organizing a carpool from the West Coast. ;-)
              If you come through colorado give me a holler, if I could get away I'd like to come. Never been there but the place looks amazing!!
              Emily McBlair
              Colorado Territory

Comment

I'll keep it in mind, but we'd likely take I-40 To OK City and then head North through Wichita.

Experience has shown that I can leave here after work and be in Kansas City the next morning at 8:30 am for visiting hours at the hospital where my daughter was born. Of course it requires a new rental car that needs to be broken in and that Highway Patrol officers be elsewhere during the trip. ;-)

Originally posted by idlewild View Post
                If you come through colorado give me a holler, if I could get away I'd like to come. Never been there but the place looks amazing!!
                Troy Groves "AZReenactor"
                1st California Infantry Volunteers, Co. C

So, you think that scrap in the East is rough, do you?
                Ever consider what it means to be captured by Apaches?

Comment

Originally posted by c.irelan View Post
                  Rick.

I know that Miss. Sarah belle any myself would be very intersted in going. We are in the talking stages of making a trip as it is.
                  I believe Miss Nellie Cross would also be very interested in attending.

Brandi Jones
                  Corn Fed Comrades
                  Brandi Jones

Comment

Just uploaded a bunch of pictures from when I went to see the Arabia Museum. Here's the link to the album:

Webshots, the best in Desktop Wallpaper, Desktop Backgrounds, and Screen Savers since 1995.

Hope that link works...

Enjoy! :)
                    Anna Allen
                    <a href="http://starofthewestsociety.googlepages.com/">Star of the West Society</a>
                    [COLOR="DarkRed"][B]The Cherry Bounce Girls Mess[/B][/COLOR] :p

[I]It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word.[/I]-Andrew Jackson

Comment

I missed this topic when first posted I reckon.

Very Nice pictures! :)

I was pleased to see a bottle in the pictures that looks to be a twin of one I got at a local antique shop recently. I never know when to trust the dealer as to the real age of something like that, and I am no expert about mid 1800's bottles. Once I truly see something, I can recognize small details later, or know what to look for in reproductions.

I need to take a trip. KC ain't that far.

Thanks for bumping this one Anna :)
                      Ron Mueller
                      Illinois
                      New Madrid Guards

"How many legs does a dog have if you call the tail a leg?
                      Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg."
                      Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Anna Allen View Post
                        Just uploaded a bunch of pictures from when I went to see the Arabia Museum. Here's the link to the album:

Webshots, the best in Desktop Wallpaper, Desktop Backgrounds, and Screen Savers since 1995.

Hope that link works...

Enjoy! :)
                        Great pictures! Love all the jeweled china buttons... Those seem really hard to find at all these days.
                        Jordan Ricketts

Comment

Greetings Rick,

I'm sorry to be a little late responding to this thread but I almost fell out of my chair when I read that the "brownish" shirt described in the Arabia collection started its life as a green striped shirt !!

Are we taking about the shirt with the shield shaped plastron and the multitide of naval buttons? I first saw it years ago and having recently visited the museum,was a little dissapointed to find it removed. I would love to see pictures detailing the look of the original fabric.

Just a side note but it was great to hear Greg Hawley say that the Museum was finally running in the Black !!!

Yours,
                          Jim Miller

Comment

I would LOVE to get in on a trip to see the behinde the scenes stuff there...
                            Livign only 2 hours south of KC ive been to the Arabia about 4 or 5 times but everytime ive learned/seen something new.
                            Travis Franklin
                            "Patrick Fhailen"

The Missoura Shirkers
                            4th Mo. Inf.

"The Northern onslaught upon slavery was no more than a piece of specious humbug designed to conceal its desire for economic control of the Southern states." Charles Dickens, 1862

Comment

Rick provided me with a first rate tour of the museum last week. As the comments and photographs suggest, the collection is more than amazing. I would love to see more items such as these in our hobby.
                              Where are my photographs? You all will certainly understand my disappointment when I state that my camera malfunctioned (with no chances of correction) that afternoon.
                              Thanks to Rick for a great visit!
                              Matthew Rector

Comment

Originally posted by AZReenactor View Post
                                I'll keep it in mind, but we'd likely take I-40 To OK City and then head North through Wichita.

Experience has shown that I can leave here after work and be in Kansas City the next morning at 8:30 am for visiting hours at the hospital where my daughter was born. Of course it requires a new rental car that needs to be broken in and that Highway Patrol officers be elsewhere during the trip. ;-)
                                Don't bother with Hertz and the new mustangs, they have the governor screwed down to 98.... uh, so they tell me. That was NOT me testing that theory in Nevada, I swear it wasn't..
                                And the traction control is locked on too... again, so I hear...

Steamboat, is there any tang marks on the pocket knives? They are a particular addiction of mine
                                [FONT=Trebuchet MS]Tod Lane[/FONT]

Comment

Working...
                                X