"Electric Blue" Kersey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Electric Blue" Kersey

Can I get a ruling on the use of an "electric blue" fabric similar in color to Woolrich 216 MORNING SKY for a federal enlisted jacket?

I'm asking specifically about the "electric blue" color. It's bright to my eye, but I'm not an expert on these matters.

Long story short, can indigo or other period dyes produce this color?

Thanks in advance.
    Robert Carter
    69th NYSV, Co. A
    justrobnj@gmail.com
    www.69thsnyv.org

Re: "Electric Blue" Kersey

Can a period dye produce that color? Yes. There are many pairs of original C.S. officer's trousers made out of similarly-colored material.

-Craig Schneider
    Craig Schneider

Comment

Rob,

Just a caveat, always be careful with online fabric swatches. Until you have a piece in your hand and can look at it in several different lights you won't know for sure if it's a good color or not. That said, that color looks a little too "electric" for my blood (and I'm one of the bigger proponents of more vibrant blues being used in reproduction clothing.)

Best,

Dan
      Dan Wambaugh
      Wambaugh, White, & Company
      www.wwandcompany.com
      517-303-3609
      Become our fan on Facebook by clicking HERE

Comment

I've pulled a blue that electric from an indigo pot. Its not common, and sooner or later I'm going back to that particular water source and do it again.

Just because I can produce it does not mean its right for a uniform through. :D I can make a whanging pink so hot you'd think it was 1964 rather than 1864.
        Terre Hood Biederman
        Yassir, I used to be Mrs. Lawson. I still run period dyepots, knit stuff, and cause trouble.

sigpic
        Wearing Grossly Out of Fashion Clothing Since 1958.

ADVENTURE CALLS. Can you hear it? Come ON.

Comment

Working...
        X