Sick and Wounded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sick and Wounded

Actually, we are looking for solutions for both the smaller events and the larger AHT events.

Abstaining from fake blood isn't much of an issue for us. Neither the other Confederate surgeon or myself had any AHT and I don't think we ever would. Too much risk in ruining the patients of the doctors uniform using it and as Chris said, we can do other things to work around that. Surgury also only a small part of what was needed to care for the sick and wounded and we want to address the other parts too.

How long would a soldier want to reasonably be a part of a hospital scenario is a question we would need to know so we can find what we need to do in the time the "patient" has made available to us.

Also, how long are the Ambulance Corps litter bearers able to do their work in the field after an engagement removing wounded?

Right now we are looking at one ambulance which can remove two men at a time.

BTW - If anyone is interested in learning to drive an ambulance and can commit to participating, John Novicki is looking to add 1 to 2 more ambulances in the next year or two. They are a real passion for him and he would be happy to help train anyone.
    Harry Aycock

Chief Surgeon
    Southern Division

Comment

Re: Sick and Wounded

At Glendale-Malvern Hill, the organizers asked for volunteers specifically to portray wounded/sick soldiers. I would not have been able to participate in the event as a healthy soldier due to actual health problems (primarily severe spinal stenosis), but was able to participate as a wounded/sick soldier.
      If event organizers asked for volunteers in advance, they may well get volunteers who might not otherwise be able to participate in the event as soldiers.
      Something to consider.
      Mick Cole

Comment

Working...
      X