Cartridge Wrapper Labels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cartridge Wrapper Labels

I have tried the search function and googled my self silly but to no avail, I could not come up with a picture or description of a cartridge package label.
    I tried finding a list of Union arsenals that rolled cartridges in the hopes of finding the information but all I turned up was artillery information. On sites selling originals I could only find pictures of Confederate cartridge wrappers, carbine, and pistol labels.
    If someone has a picture or description of .58 cal, .69 round ball, and .69 buck and ball labels they would be willing to share I would be eternally grateful.
    [FONT=Times New Roman]Andy Wash[/FONT]

Re: Cartridge Wrapper Labels

Try Sullivan Press.

Brandon English

"There is many a boy here today who looks on war as all glory, but, boys, it is all hell."--William T. Sherman

Comment

Something for you to look at...

email me at: Kdallyrm@aol.com
      I have Enfield Cartridge wrapper labels, (Confederate & British) .69 Round Ball, Buck & Ball wrapper labels, and a .54 Label or two, I can forward to you.

Kevin Dally
      Kevin Dally

Comment

Hallo!

Herr Andy... you may want to use the SEARCH function to pull up previous discussions on cartridge bundle labels.
        In brief and to over-generalize...

Pasted on or stamped labels tend to a "more Confederate thing" as all but the Federal St. Louis Arsenal had stopped using them by 1861.
        (Most all of the bogus Federal labels date back to the 1980's when enterprising sutlers reworked late 1850's labels updating the dates to the 1860's. These were sold, and xeroxed ad nauseum ad infinitum, and still circulate in some places.)

Curt
        Curt Schmidt
        In gleichem Schritt und Tritt, Curt Schmidt

-Hard and sharp as flint...secret, and self-contained, and solitary as an oyster.
        -Haplogroup R1b M343 (Subclade R1b1a2 M269)
        -Pointless Folksy Wisdom Mess, Oblio Lodge #1
        -Vastly Ignorant
        -Often incorrect, technically, historically, factually.

Comment

Curt,
          As per my opening statement I did use the search first and turned up nothing. But I do appreciate your help, I always enjoy reading your postings and have gotten a lot of help from them.
          Thanks
          [FONT=Times New Roman]Andy Wash[/FONT]

Comment

Working...
          X