Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6th MA Vol. Militia: Intel?

Pards-

I'm starting to do some research for an impression I'm looking to build of veteran of the Baltimore Riots of 1861, serving with the 6th Massachusetts Militia. I intend to use this as part of the background of my primary impression (90-day man who re-upped when his tour ended), and also to use in historical timeline style events as perhaps an under-represented element of the war.

I was wondering if anybody could point me to any sources (books, websites, etc) they knew of with regards to equippage and the like for that unit. This is my first big effort in deciphering the specific details from images and records, so any help in winding me up and setting me on my way would be handy.

All input is welcomed.
    Attached Files
    Jeff Lawrence
    West Springfield MA

Re: 6th MA Vol. Militia: Intel?

See Don Troiani's "Regiments and Uniforms of the Civil War." It contains both descriptions and a painting of the 6th at this time.
    Bob Williams
    26th North Carolina Troops
    Blogsite: http://26nc.org/blog/

As [one of our cavalry] passed by, the general halted him and inquired "what part of the army he belonged to." "I don't belong to the army, I belong to the cavalry." "That's a fact," says [the general], "you can pass on." Silas Grisamore, 18th Louisiana

Comment

Working...
    X