Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reproduction Flags

Friends,

Our existing regimental flag has served the reenactors in our unit for 18 years and it is worn well beyond repair. We are starting to look around for a vendor to replace our regimental colors. Can anyone recommend a particular vendor that does quality work with high marks on authenticity?

Thanks in advance,

Joshua Haugh
    Company A, 21st Ohio Vols

Re: Reproduction Flags

I've never seen the final result, however, I have talked with Ben Tart several times about his and he certainly has the resources and research to back his up. I'm sure he'd welcome your call and business!
    Luke Gilly
    Breckinridge Greys
    Lodge 661 F&AM

"May the grass grow long on the road to hell." --an Irish toast

Comment

Originally posted by jhaugh View Post
      Can anyone recommend a particular vendor that does quality work with high marks on authenticity?

Hope this helps,
      Jason C. Spellman
      Skillygalee Mess

"Those fine fellows in Virginia are pouring out their heart's blood like water. Virginia will be heroic dust--the army of glorious youth that has been buried there."--Mary Chesnut

Comment

I'll throw out Dupage Military Flags for Federal colors. www.dupagemilitaryflag.com
        Ross L. Lamoreaux
        rlamoreaux@tampabayhistorycenter.org

"...and if profanity was included in the course of study at West Point, I am sure that the Army of the Cumberland had their share of the prize scholars in this branch." - B.F. Scribner, 38th Indiana Vol Inf

Comment

Drop Drew Gruber a call, he is a small timer but makes some good looking flags! He was selling a Missouri Brigade flag earlier on the Sell Forum.
          Mitchell L Critel
          Wide Awake Groupie
          Texas Ground Hornets

Comment

Look at:
            regimentalcolors.net
            S.Sullivan

Comment

While I'd like to thank Mitch for the shout, my experience and research has at this point only been in Confederate Flag construction. Paul and Peter Luks as Jason has pointed out while not approved vendors come highly recommended. I'd suggest getting in contact with them.
              Drew Gruber
              Drew

"God knows, as many posts as go up on this site everyday, there's plenty of folks who know how to type. Put those keyboards to work on a real issue that's tied to the history that we love and obsess over so much." F.B.

"...mow hay, cut wood, prepare great food, drink schwitzel, knit, sew, spin wool, rock out to a good pinch of snuff and somehow still find time to go fly a kite." N.B.

Comment

I second post #4, Ross' post. We used Steve Hill in the 90's for our 9th Mass. Inf. Irish flag and he did a monumental job. It was costly by most people's standards but with pure silk, gold bullion and a one piece maple staff, it was museum quality. He was for many years the curator for the hall of flags at the Massachusetts State House, and had access to all the originals. I personally would look no further. Good luck!
                Joe Madden
                13th New Hampshire Vols.
                Co. E
                Unattached

Comment

Working...
                X