No announcement yet.

Need help researching bunks in Philly!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help researching bunks in Philly!

Hey guys, I need a person in the Philadelphia area to run by Fort Mifflin with a "blue print" I send and a tape measure to get me the specs on their original double bunk cribs! Lee Anderson, their director will be expecting you! We need them to redo our barracks at Fort McKavett.

Chris Fischer
    Fort McKavett (Curator/Interpreter)
    &
    F-Troop

christopher.fischer@thc.state.tx.us

Re: Need help researching bunks in Philly!

Chris,
    I am a member of the 61st New York of the Mifflin Guard. Our unit does periodic work days a living history throughout each reenacting season. We do not have a schedule for this season as of yet but I would be more then willing to take some measurements for you when I go. My mother in law lives an ajoining county to Philly so I am in the area often so I may be able to "stop in" for you as well. Again, I can't promise a turn around time.
    Let me know if you are interested.
    [I][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Matt Kraybill[/FONT][/I]
    [B][SIZE="5"]61st Regiment
    New York Volunteers[/SIZE][/B]

Comment

Matt,

I would be greatly appreciated. Any help is needed. Its very simple, we just need to know how wide, how high, and long, etc. Mr. Anderson has already sent very detailed images of the bunks and we now have an historic carpenter on staff. We hope to get this started by late summer so we can start hosting some antebellum events (McKavett was garrisioned from 1852-1859 and again 1868-1883, we have an original complete barracks with the 1853 cornerstone and it was not modified in the 1870's & 80's!!!!).

Chris Fischer
      Fort McKavett
      &
      F-Troop

Comment

You might also want to try Sean Malis at Ft. Tejon State Hist Park in Ca. They have researched and built a number of bunks
        Tom Smith, 2nd Lt. T.E.
        Nobel Grand Humbug, Al XXI,
        Chapt. 1.5 De la Guerra y Pacheco
        Ancient and Honorable Order of E Clampus Vitus
        Topographer for: TAG '03, BGR, Spring Hill, Marmeduke's Raid, & ITPW

Comment

Originally posted by FTrooper View Post
          Hey guys, I need a person in the Philadelphia area to run by Fort Mifflin with a "blue print" I send and a tape measure to get me the specs on their original double bunk cribs! Lee Anderson, their director will be expecting you! We need them to redo our barracks at Fort McKavett.

Chris Fischer
          Fort McKavett (Curator/Interpreter)
          &
          F-Troop

christopher.fischer@thc.state.tx.us
          Chris,

I would be glad to help you out. I only live about twenty miles away. Do you know exactly which bunk you are interested in? They have a number of different types in the Fort.
          Bill Rodman, King of Prussia, PA

Comment

Working...
          X