X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most faithful to the originals?

Hi,

Just wondering who makes the best reproductions of the federal issue shirt and the federal issue blanket that remain faithful to originals.

Thanks,

Tyler Habig
    Tyler Habig
    49th Indiana Co. F
    [B]Tanglefoot Mess[/B]

[I]Proud Descendent of:[/I]

[I][SIZE=3]Aaron T. Kinslow[/SIZE][/I]
    [I][SIZE=3]Co. D 6th Ky Reg Ky[/SIZE][/I]
    [I][SIZE=3]Vol C.S.A.[/SIZE][/I]
    [I][SIZE=3]Born Dec 17, 1842[/SIZE][/I]
    [I][SIZE=3]Died Jan 31, 1862[/SIZE][/I]
    Bummers
    Backwaters

Re: Most faithful to the originals?

Tyler
    CJ Daley make a shirt kit for $60.00. You can make it in about two days. comes with instructions.
    Last edited by dwar; 02-24-2009, 07:27 PM.
    Dave Warringer Crpl
    Member Squatting Bullfrog Mess
    124th NYSV Orange Blossoms
    "Squat, my Bullfrogs."
    In Memory of Rufus Warringer
    20th NYS Militia Co B
    Killed at Antietum Sept 17, 1862

Comment

Wambaugh White and Company has a great federal issue domet flannel kit for $75 with very detailed, pictured instructions. This was my first shirt and it went together very well with the instructions they provided. If you have any questions on sewing they will be glad to help you with anything either by email or phone. i will definatly purchase a kit from them again. Very easy to work with. They also sell the shirt already made but am not sure of the cost.
      8th GA
      Zachary Werner

Comment

Contact Dan Wanbaugh at Wambaugh & White , I and our quartermaster both purchased the best Federal issue dommet shirt I've seen through Dan .Extremely well detailed and well made and the best service around.
        Bob Hutton:)

14th NC "Wild Cats"

Comment

Who makes the best XYZ widgett yet again !?!

Which style federal issue shirt or blanket are you talking about, seems to me I recall that there were thousands issued from numerous arsenals and contractors over several years time resulting in numerous varieties and several high quality reproductions from a number of different vendors.

A little time following forum discussions, some effort at using the search function, reading past discussions, taking a look at what the different vendors are offering, and perhaps even a little research might help you find some answers and direction to your rather obtuse and subjective questions.

Heck, with a little luck you might even be hardcore by Christmas.

Originally posted by sthabig View Post
          Hi,

Just wondering who makes the best reproductions of the federal issue shirt and the federal issue blanket that remain faithful to originals.

Thanks,

Tyler Habig
          Troy Groves "AZReenactor"
          1st California Infantry Volunteers, Co. C

So, you think that scrap in the East is rough, do you?
          Ever consider what it means to be captured by Apaches?

Comment

Re: Who makes the best XYZ widgett yet again !?!

Posting some clarification from Chris Daley:

Originally posted by CJ Daley View Post
            I actually do not retail shirt kits. I did this as a favor for a few people who attended my sewing workshop in February, but this isn't an item I carry or intend to carry. I sold them at my cost ($60) and this isn't a price war between me and Dan Wambaugh.

Dan Wambaugh does a GREAT job with his kits and I don't want to interfere with his sales. I encourage everyone to visit Dan's website if they are in need of shirt kits.
            John Wickett
            Former Carpetbagger
            Administrator (We got rules here! Be Nice - Sign Your Name - No Farbisms)

Comment

Working...
            X