24th TN Infantry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 24th TN Infantry

Looking for a good source of knowledge on the uniforms worn by the 24th TN Inf. around the time/during the Perryville campaign.
    thanks,
    [FONT="Book Antiqua"]Everett Taylor[/FONT]

Re: 24th TN Infantry

I have seen a few images of 1861 24th Tennesseeans. One particularly sticks out that I have in a book on Williamson County Civil War Veterans by our county historian, Rick Warwick. It is an image of two brothers wearing what appears to be your average A.O.T. frock coat with dark blue? collar.. no cuff color though and no special cut or style either.. and the boys in the pic were hatless and in plain gray trousers as well. I'd image that a few of the boys, by the time of Perryville, would've still carried a similar wardrobe. I'll dig a little after awhile and report back in with some more light to shine on this subject.
    Jon Harris

Mang Rifles & Friends
    Ora pro nobis!

~ McIlvaine’s 64th Ohio Infantry at Missionary Ridge 11/2019
    ~ Head’s 49th Tennessee Infantry at Fort Donelson - Defending The Heartland 2/2020
    ~ Wever’s 10th Iowa Infantry at Bentonville 3/2020
    ~ Opdycke's 125th Ohio Infantry at Franklin, 1863 - For God and the Right 5/2020
    ~ Pardee’s 42nd Ohio Infantry during the Vicksburg Campaign 5/2020
    ~ Day's Silent Machines, 12th U.S. Regulars during the Gettysburg Campaign 6/2020

sigpic

Comment

Hey Guys, I don't know for sure but in Thomas Arliskas' Book,"CADET GRAY AND BUTTERNUT BROWN",there are two pics which show early war Soldiers wearing frocks from Tennessee Regiments under the heading "Tennessee Frock Coat" I can't recall which Regiments though. I hope this helps. Clifford Earl Hyde

Comment

So.. I last posted about the frock coats of the 24th TN..

I have to update that the brothers were the McMahon Brothers of Company B. 24th TN and their cuffs were presumably blue. Also I found another photo of Company A and the gentleman seemed to have a similar bust and collar as the two brothers.
        Jon Harris

Mang Rifles & Friends
        Ora pro nobis!

~ McIlvaine’s 64th Ohio Infantry at Missionary Ridge 11/2019
        ~ Head’s 49th Tennessee Infantry at Fort Donelson - Defending The Heartland 2/2020
        ~ Wever’s 10th Iowa Infantry at Bentonville 3/2020
        ~ Opdycke's 125th Ohio Infantry at Franklin, 1863 - For God and the Right 5/2020
        ~ Pardee’s 42nd Ohio Infantry during the Vicksburg Campaign 5/2020
        ~ Day's Silent Machines, 12th U.S. Regulars during the Gettysburg Campaign 6/2020

sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X