Would a officers sash be worn with or without a belt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would a officers sash be worn with or without a belt

Would an officer wear his sash to a formal dinner and would he wear a belt around it? No I would not be wearing a sword or pistol. That much I know.
    If the double breated frock was buttoned back is the sash worn underneath?

Re: Would a officers sash be worn with or without a belt

Jeff,

It is suggested that you wear the sash over your buttoned Frock Coat along with a sword belt over the sash. You should not wear a pistol on the sword belt. If you were wearing a sword, you would remove the sword upon arrival at the site of the dinner party and snap the two swivel attachments together. A sash should not be worn underneath a Frock Coat that is opened and buttoned back.

Bruce Linton
    31 year reenactor
    Former Sergeant of Marines

Comment

Jeffrey,
      Wearing a belt invites blackening smear...on white gloves and/or on ladies attire. Best not to wear a belt at a social occasion. The sash is really there to haul away a downed soldier/officer (by dragging), but is mostly decorative. I think it could be worn at one's discretion.
      Cordially yours,
      Tom Melberg

Comment

I would try using the search function first, I believe that this issue of wearing ordinance to social gatherings has been discussed already. For a quick answer, No, do not wear any leathers to balls, dinners, or any social gathering.
        Sean M. Lamb

[I]"Our Reg't is composed of Germans, Dutch-Americans, and Irish they being the majority and very hard set. Our company is composed of the same stock, we can not agree very well with the Irish."[/I]
        James A. Peifer
        Co. C 46th Penna. Vol. Inf.

Comment

Working...
        X