Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Western Confederate knapsack

Originally posted by Stonewall_Greyfox View Post
    Thanks for the clarification...I'm not familiar with much about Arkansas...extent of my knowledge knowing of the 3rd Arkansas of the ANV.

Paul B.
    Mr. Boulden

I am sending you a website that has the information about the 3rd Arkansas Inf. Regt. ANV:

I am very proud to have had a grt grt grandfather in this unit Co. C. which survived the war.
    Please forgive me for throwing this in the thread about the Mexican War Knapsack, however, I thought that Mr. Boulden might find this interesting.
    [B][FONT="Georgia"][I]P. L. Parault[/I][/FONT][/B][FONT="Book Antiqua"][/FONT]

[I][B]"Three score and ten I can remember well, within the volume of which time I have seen hours dreadful and things strange: but this sore night hath trifled former knowings."

William Shakespeare[/B][/I]

Comment

When I am portraying Western CS, I use my Mexican War knapsack. As everyone else has said, I would go for that.
      Cpl. Ryan Halsey
      Wampus Cats Mess
      Mossy Creek Mess-SCAR
      Breckinridge Greys
      Liberty Rifles

Comment

I have been trying to find information for years on the types knapsack that the Confederate used at Fort Donelson. For a Fort Donelson impression, I was thinking that perhaps a single bag knapsack would be the way to go. What do you guys think? Thanks.

Dan Stewart

Comment

Working...
        X