Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commutation Frock Coat...

Pards,

I'm looking to reproduce a certain frock coat, it is a peculiar looking one and I believe it be a frock sent from home. The frock coat I'm referring to has less than 9 buttons that you would see on a normal frock coat. This frock coat also features a patch pocket on the left side, I believe and it is outlined with black tape. I think this jacket is from the Trans-Mississippi or the AOT.

I hope this is enough of a description. Thanks for your help.
    Kindest regards,

Robert "Rocky" Kilpatrick
    Prattville Lodge #89 F&AM

Re: Commutation Frock Coat...

I may be wrong but this sounds half way similiar to one of the coats that is pictured in the guidelines for the 11th Ga Militia on the Bummers Website. Its the 3rd picture down, man on the left holding the kepi. At any rate I'd like more info on the one in the picture cause I've never seen a coat like that and I'd love to have one.
    Captain Andy Witt
    52nd Geo Vol Inf Co I CSA
    Blue Ridge Mess

http://www.52ndgeorgia.webs.com

Comment

Rocky,

The fellers we keep in the lower cellar over on the OTB say you want a Louisiana Frock issued at Camp Moore early in the war.

Since I am also in Alabama, they sent me over here to tell you. This should give you enough of a start that you will be able to find the location of the item you seek.

The reason they teach you research tools and skills in college is to require you to plow through a bunch of stuff before you find what you are looking for. You learn a whole bunch of different stuff along the way. This different stuff will come in handy later on.
      Terre Hood Biederman
      Yassir, I used to be Mrs. Lawson. I still run period dyepots, knit stuff, and cause trouble.

sigpic
      Wearing Grossly Out of Fashion Clothing Since 1958.

ADVENTURE CALLS. Can you hear it? Come ON.

Comment

Thank you, Mrs. Lawson, but that is not the frock coat I was looking for, but thanks for the input. I hope all is well with you and yours.Will you be at Blakely by any chance?
        Kindest regards,

Robert "Rocky" Kilpatrick
        Prattville Lodge #89 F&AM

Comment

Working...
        X