This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jarnagin cadet gray????

Has any one seen Jarnagin's cadet gray, was just wondering if it was any good or who makes it for them? The reason I ask is becouse I have some one making me a cap out of the same stuff, (just found that out)
    And no I would not buy a uniform from them, just wanted to know if any one knew about the material?
    Thanks
    John McClellan

6 day's till the Race!!!!
    Last edited by John McClellan; 04-11-2009, 11:44 AM.

Re: Jarnagin cadet gray????

Sent a pm-
    Last edited by MontReb; 04-11-2009, 12:06 PM. Reason: sent PM
    Mark Hoffman
    Hoecake Mess

Comment

If you request it Jarnagin will send you a complete page of wool and jeancloth samples. I received te same from them and I did find that their Cadet Gray did not match other's.

Jas.T. Lemon
      50th VA Corporal

Comment

Jas,
        Please explain, compared to what others?
        Thanks
        John McClellan

Comment

Re: Jarnagin cadet gray comparison

With the Jarnagin Cadet Gray sample in hand I compared it with Blockade Runner's Cadet Gray when I visited their store while on a trip a couple weeks ago; no match there. I compared it with a sample I received from the Quartermaster Shop; no match there. I also compared it to a couple of sutlers at events; no match there.

All were close, but no exact matches were found. I am sure if I took one of the other vendor's samples around it would be a crap-shot on a "perfect" match.

It does not surprise me, though. Nor did I expect to find a "perfect" match as I am sure not only variations exist from supplier to supplier, but also even within dye lots of the same suppliers.

I also did this once trying to find the same gray as my old beloved forage cap that was a casualty at the 145th Gettysburg.

All things considered all were close to color with each other but just not an exact match to my eye. Then too, I might be too critical as I have had to take Munsel color recognition tests to recognize off color products in my occupation.

Another problem I have is something out of square or of unequal lengths after a lifetime working with tolerances of +/- .010" or less... ...drives my wife and kids nuts....

Jas. T. Lemon
          50th VA Corporal

Comment

Hallo!

Moderator hat on...

Vendor aside...

This has fallen into a discussion of a comparison of reproduction material between modern vendors, not comparisions between reproduction fabric and originals in violation of AC Forum rules.

Curt
            Curt Schmidt
            In gleichem Schritt und Tritt, Curt Schmidt

-Hard and sharp as flint...secret, and self-contained, and solitary as an oyster.
            -Haplogroup R1b M343 (Subclade R1b1a2 M269)
            -Pointless Folksy Wisdom Mess, Oblio Lodge #1
            -Vastly Ignorant
            -Often incorrect, technically, historically, factually.

Comment

Working...
            X