Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help with a Belt Plate Please!

Pards,

I recently dredged up this belt plate from the flotsam and jetsam of my misc. cubbyholes. The seal is that of the City of New York--that much I know. It has a wide clasp tongue and may be post-war. Sadly, my entire library is packed up and inaccessible (which makes me crazy!), and I was wondering if y'all could check your references and see what you can come up with. I'd be much obliged. I have a hunch that it may be in American Military Belt Plates by O'Donnell & Campbell, but please have a look at any reference works you have and let me know!

Thanks a million for your generous assistance.

Live Out Loud!
    ~Aden
    Attached Files
    [FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=3][B]Aden Nichols
    [/B][/SIZE][SIZE=2]"Great spirits have always experienced violent opposition from mediocre minds." Albert Einstein[/SIZE][/FONT]

Re: Need Help with a Belt Plate Please!

Hi Aden,

I retrieved my copy off the shelf of American Military Belt Plates by O'Donnell & Campbell.

The plate you have is pictured on page 427, Fig 714, and is listed as "New York City Police , ca. 1875-1900

Your plate ( nice example by the way) looks to be in better condition than the one in the book!

Hope this helps

All the best

Don S
    Don F Smith

Comment

Re: Need Help with a Belt Plate Please!

Muchas gracias, compadre!

~A
      [FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=3][B]Aden Nichols
      [/B][/SIZE][SIZE=2]"Great spirits have always experienced violent opposition from mediocre minds." Albert Einstein[/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

Working...
      X