This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sibley Help

Well I am finally getting down to a tent order. I want something that will work for a military camp and also have enough room for the family. I was thinking a small wall tent making a Staff office out of it.

What I came to decide is a Sibley. Now I have a few question and have been running into different opinions on them so thought I would see what the Gentle Folk here think.

First off is the "wall sections" on some sibley tents I have seen how common was this? I like the idea of the extra head room but don't want to stand out of out of place in a camp setting.

The most pressing concern is also a place to find the proper tripod to use in set up. Any ideas on a source since I have not clue about metal working.

Thank You all.

Michael Larson
    Minnesota.
    2nd Reg US SharpShooters.
    Michael Larson
    Minnesota
    5th Minnesota Company D
    2 USSS Company A

Re: Sibley Help

Many, many years ago the 1st Minnesota made up Sibley tents during the 125th year events and all were made in-house, canvas and iron work, as I recall. The 1st Minnesota is still in existance, and would be a good place, and close by you, to start if you know any members.
    S.Sullivan

Comment

Re: Sibley Help

This isn't the right forum for discussion of family camping.
      Paul Calloway
      Proudest Member of the Tar Water Mess
      Proud Member of the GHTI
      Member, Civil War Preservation Trust
      Wayne #25, F&AM

Comment

Working...
      X