Federal impression standards for 140th Lookout Mountain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Federal impression standards for 140th Lookout Mountain

I've got a need for the Federal standards used at 140th Lookout Mountain. Does anyone have them saved on their computer? Hadley deleted the webpages so I cannot go there - already tried that.
    Silas Tackitt,
    one of the moderators.

Click here for a link to forum rules - or don't at your own peril.

Re: Federal impression standards for 140th Lookout Mountain

Sir,
    Do you remember the website?If so,then you can go to archive.org and will be able to find it.Heck,they have the first yahoo page.Hope that helps some.
    Cullen Smith
    Bluegrass Rifles
    Cullen Smith
    South Union Guard

"Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite, and furthermore always carry a small snake"~W.C. Fields

"When I drink whiskey, I drink whiskey; and when I drink water, I drink water."~Michaleen Flynn [I]The Quiet Man[/I]

Comment

Originally posted by tenfed1861
      Sir,
      Do you remember the website?If so,then you can go to archive.org and will be able to find it.Heck,they have the first yahoo page.Hope that helps some.
      Cullen Smith
      Bluegrass Rifles
      Until now, I had never heard of archive.org I have been given the webpage and am making use of the information. The address John Taylor sent me had the archive.org prefix. I wondered about that prefix. Thanks for the assistance.
      Silas Tackitt,
      one of the moderators.

Comment

What ever you do,DO NOT go to archive.com.It's a site of,um,soiled doves.
        C.Smith
        Cullen Smith
        South Union Guard

"Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite, and furthermore always carry a small snake"~W.C. Fields

"When I drink whiskey, I drink whiskey; and when I drink water, I drink water."~Michaleen Flynn [I]The Quiet Man[/I]

Comment

Mark

Contact me at keepnhoakalive@yahoo.com and give me your Tele#.

I think I remember most of the guidelines, and we can also hammer out the details with the primary sources I have here at home.
          Robert Johnson

"Them fellers out thar you ar goin up against, ain't none of the blue-bellied, white-livered Yanks and sassidge-eatin'forrin' hirelin's you have in Virginny that run atthe snap of a cap - they're Western fellers, an' they'll mighty quick give you a bellyful o' fightin."

In memory of: William Garry Co.H 5th USCC KIA 10/2/64 Saltville VA.

Comment

I have no idea what is meant by a "soiled dove" in the context of information on the web, but leave me to repeat that I possess the item for which I sought.

And I'm glad to have it.

Bob, I'm using them and a couple other sources to supplement the general standards for our 29th PA impression at MudIver. I only have the general impression standards posted. The specific ones will follow by the end of next weekend.

For the uninitiated, MudIver is Milo McIver Park near Estacada, Oregon. (We call it, MudIver, because it usually rains buckets there.) The town, river and bluff bear a striking resemblance to the geography of Lookout Mountain. The height is not as tall, there is a definite Moccasin Point at the base of the peak.

We are doing 29th PA for the weekend impression. The 29th PA was one of the First Division, 12th Corps units which scaled Lookout during the battle. A plaque honoring the unit's accomplishment is chisled into the rocky peak of Lookout. Here's the link for our MudIver impression. The plaque and a map of "Chattanooga" as opposed to Chattanooga is also included on the page.
            Silas Tackitt,
            one of the moderators.

Comment

Mark

This looks good to me and mine. I hope I can dupe somebody into picking me up at The Portand airport. Coop?

Hey I would like to get onto the CHAPS Egroup again, could you help me out?

keepnhoakalive@yahoo.com
              Robert Johnson

"Them fellers out thar you ar goin up against, ain't none of the blue-bellied, white-livered Yanks and sassidge-eatin'forrin' hirelin's you have in Virginny that run atthe snap of a cap - they're Western fellers, an' they'll mighty quick give you a bellyful o' fightin."

In memory of: William Garry Co.H 5th USCC KIA 10/2/64 Saltville VA.

Comment

Will work for beer

Originally posted by hireddutchcutthroat
                This looks good to me and mine. I hope I can dupe somebody into picking me up at The Portand airport. Coop?
                Now that's a laugh. No one has volunteered to meet our glorious commander at the airport so look's like I'm going to be the dupe. Ought to be lots of room in the Toyo extended cab pickup with one passenger already inside. What's one more person?

Coop's arriving around 2:30 that Friday. I'll get down there when I can. My likely arrival will be about an hour later.

Originally posted by hireddutchcutthroat
                Hey I would like to get onto the CHAPS Egroup again, could you help me out?
                You'll need to have, create, or create anew an ezBoard account. Once on the page, others have told me there's some button which must be pressed to apply. Creating an account anew seems to work for those who already have acounts which don't seem to work. Let me know if you have submitted an request to join as I don't receive emails about requests. I periodically check for requests and/or people carry on about how they weren't immediately allowed in.

If That Devil Heath can submit a request, anyone can do it.
                Silas Tackitt,
                one of the moderators.

Comment

Working...
                X