Recommend to Defarb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommend to Defarb

I'm having my PH Enfield defarbed by Todd Watts. Now I need to make a decision on which pattern to go with. It's an older Parker Hale 3 band and I'm leaning towards a London Arms or a Barnett. With the lines and manufacture of the English made PH what do you suggest? My impression if both Confederate and Federal. Do you have pictures to share of your after defarbing? Thanks for your input.

J.M. Perry
    Jppard
    J. Michael Perry

Re: Recommend to Defarb

I would see what Todd reccomends since it does not appear to make any difference to you. When in doubt take the experts advice.
    Jim Mayo
    Portsmouth Rifles, Company G, 9th Va. Inf.

CW Show and Tell Site
    http://www.angelfire.com/ma4/j_mayo/index.html

Comment

For PEC, a 1861 or 1862 Tower marked Birmingham gun would be most common. Having said that, if I ever re-defarbed my early PH (which is now a Tower 1861 version), I would have it match a Barnett in my collection! But I echo Jim - see what Todd recommends.

Best,
      Greg
      Greg Walden

Comment

I had Todd turn my 70s era PH into a Schuler, Hartley, and Graham Federal contract Enfield. Figured that would make it appropriate for the most federal impressions, and for a captured/reissued CS Enfield. Plus I've always preferred my musket to be "in the white" whenever possible.
        Dan Wambaugh
        Wambaugh, White, & Company
        www.wwandcompany.com
        517-303-3609
        Become our fan on Facebook by clicking HERE

Comment

Parker Hales make good looking London guns. Todd Watts did one for (my son), an older Parker Hale P53 that he did as a LACo 1862, and I fit an original LA Co lock that was built out of parts into it. You want to talk about a sweet shootin' iron...Todd's E Bond (with the oval stock stamp) is a neat looking B'ham variation, if you want something other than the garden variety BSAT "Tower" marked rifle-musket, which of course were the most common. Of course, the JE Barnett is the newest version, so everybody is going for that right now.

It is purely personal preference on the maker. It is good to finally have choices these days.
          Last edited by Craig L Barry; 09-12-2009, 11:39 PM.
          Craig L Barry
          Editor, The Watchdog, a non-profit 501[c]3
          Co-author (with David Burt) Suppliers to the Confederacy
          Author, The Civil War Musket: A Handbook for Historical Accuracy
          Member, Company of Military Historians

Comment

Working...
          X