Enfield/C.S. arms thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enfield/C.S. arms thread

Extremely interesting thread in the www.n-ssa.org 'bulletin board' under 'small arms'. Hit 'Navy Arms P-H Enfield'. The tread is far-reaching.
    David Fox

Re: Enfield/C.S. arms thread

David,

Richard McAuley is, perhaps one of the most knowledgeable people I know of when I comes to the P-1853 "Enfield" type firearms. He has taken many trips to England to actually do research on the subject.
    Brennen Sanders, (aka, Southeron Sr.) is one of the people instrumental in getting Euroarms of America (EoA) set up here in the States. Brennen has also done extensive research into the arms making industry in Georgia during the War.
    Both individuals are well worth getting to know.
    I have known them both since my early involvement in the N-SSA going back to 1873 when we could still shoot live fire at FT Pulaski, GA.

My apologies, I type "1873" and actually meant to say 1973. (Sorry, its just another sign of old age.)
    Last edited by Blair; 04-09-2010, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Blair View Post
      I have known them both since my early involvement in the N-SSA going back to 1873 when we could still shoot live fire at FT Pulaski, GA.
      Blair,

You are older than I thought. :)
      Bill Rodman, King of Prussia, PA

Comment

Bill,

Yes, but I act and feel younger than my body is.
        It will all catch up to me one day... just not yet.
        thanks,

Comment

"...the N-SSA going back to 1873 when we could still shoot live fire at FT Pulaski, GA."

Hey, I did that too. I shot at the Fort in April, 1972. Went to, but didn't shoot, the skirmish in (I think) 1975 or 76.

Dadgum, I AM getting old.
          Gil Davis Tercenio

"A man with a rifle is a citizen; a man without one is merely a subject." - the late Mark Horton, Captain of Co G, 28th Ala Inf CSA, a real hero

Comment

Gil,

Then you have most likely meant both Richard McAuley and Brennen Sanders. They were both in the 3rd GA Inf. out of Savannah at the time. They were usually the host team for that shoot at Ft Pulaski.
            Brennen is accredited with coining the term "De farbed" in reference to the removal of all the modern markings on the Italian made arms.

Comment

Working...
            X