Chaplains, Revivals and Christian printed material in the Army

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chaplains, Revivals and Christian printed material in the Army

I was wondering if anyone knew of online resources, Bibliography references (or anything really) regarding Chaplains in the Army and or Itinerant Preachers during the war. I am looking for the reference authorizing them and their official roll in the military. I am also interested in “unofficial” involvement Iterant Preachers may have had as well – especially in the southern Armies or camps, that may have had any direct impact on the men in the amries. Or were they typically one of the ranks who stepped forward to Spiritually lead the men or one authorized through official channels? There seems to be a plethora of information for the AoT (I have some of the usual books like Wiley, Quintard and Daniel’s AoT book. Does anyone know of any mention and or specific bibliography references in the theaters west of the river?

I am also interested in printed materials (tracts) that might be available to the living historian that would have found its way into the ranks. Also where on could find "authentic" or historically accurate bulk purchase availability of Bibles that may have been distributed to the soldier (interested in both North and South versions) as well as bulk Bible tracts (or even something I could have type set an printed). Also full size period print personal Bibles.

Having taken a long hiatus from the hobby for more than 5 years, and reborn to Jesus Christ during that time, I am pretty much out of the loop regarding a vendors list that lean to more historically accurate work.

Thanks for any leads and or advice. I really appreciate it.

P.S. Also looking for an up to date vendor list of someone could PM me with would be great for both Military and Civilian gear.
    Rich Saathoff
    [email]hardeeflag@yahoo.com[/email]

[URL="http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John%2014:6;&version=9;"]John 14:6[/URL]
    [URL=http://greens-cavalry-corps.blogspot.com/]Green's Texas Cavalry Corps[/URL]
    [URL=http://www.arizonabattalion.com/]The Arizona Battalion[/URL]

Re: Chaplains, Revivals and Christian printed material in the Army

This site should help .

Welcome to the ranks
    Rod Miller
    [COLOR=SlateGray]Old Pards[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=DarkRed]Cornfed Comrades[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Navy]Old Northwest Volunteers[/COLOR]

[FONT=Palatino Linotype]"We trust, Sir, that God is on our side." "It is more important to know that we are on God's side."
    A. Lincoln[/FONT]

150th Anniversary
    1861 Camp Jackson-Sgt. German Milita US
    1st Manassas- Chaplain T. Witherspoon, 2nd Miss. Inf. CS
    1862 Shiloh -Lt. ,6th Miss. Inf. CS
    1863 VicksburgLH-Captain Cephas Williams, 113th Co.B US
    Gettysburg BGA- Chaplain WilliamWay, 24th MI US
    1864 Charleston Riot-Judge Charles Constable "Copperhead".
    Bermuda Hundred Campaign-USCC Field Agent J.R. Miller

Comment

Working...
    X