One Piece Enfiled Ram rods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Piece Enfiled Ram rods

I used the search tab and no luck so far. A friend of mine is in the market for a one piece Enfield ram rod. I know he posted it up on here, but I don't think he has posted enough to have it make it to the board yet. But his question was " Does anyone have any contact info to who makes a good repop single piece ram rod?" any help would be gladly welcomed.
    Robert Melville

We as Americans finish what we start. And dying for these Colors, or our brothers around us is no different. We will always remember the ones that have passed before us. Even though their bodies are committed to the depths their spirits live with in us and helps push for tomorrow

Re: One Piece Enfiled Ram rods

Take a look, is this what you may be looking for?

Kevin Dally

Kevin Dally

Comment

Dixie Gun Works has them as well. Looks like the same ramrod that Shiloh sells. It also comes in one piece and no threads. Just received mine in the mail after having sent the first one back (they sent me the wrong one). Also, I was astonished that they tagged me for a $3.50 under-payment for a purchase I made in December 1992. That's right...1992! It does not appear to be very authentic. Want authentic, buy an original.
      Last edited by Cornfed; 07-23-2010, 09:07 PM.
      Phil Maddox
      Hedgesville Blues
      "He playeth 'eucre' with the parson, whether there shall be preaching in camp on the Sabbath, and by dexterously turning jack from the bottom of the pack, postponeth the service." - Camp of the "Turned-Over and Used-Ups," Sept. 27, 1862.

Comment

You can always get an old one, not too unreasonably priced from IMA or Atlanta Cutlery from Nepal.

The "enfield" type are the earlier sort, somewhat similar to the US M1855 with swell.
        David Stone

Comment

Hallo!

"The "enfield" type are the earlier sort, somewhat similar to the US M1855 with swell."

P1853, Third Model, "Enfields" and US M1855's?

???

Curt
          Curt Schmidt
          In gleichem Schritt und Tritt, Curt Schmidt

-Hard and sharp as flint...secret, and self-contained, and solitary as an oyster.
          -Haplogroup R1b M343 (Subclade R1b1a2 M269)
          -Pointless Folksy Wisdom Mess, Oblio Lodge #1
          -Vastly Ignorant
          -Often incorrect, technically, historically, factually.

Comment

The Nepalese P53s Atlanta Cutlery has are type IIs, hardbands with the swell in the ramrod. Garbage for the most part (the Nepalese P53s).
            Craig L Barry
            Editor, The Watchdog, a non-profit 501[c]3
            Co-author (with David Burt) Suppliers to the Confederacy
            Author, The Civil War Musket: A Handbook for Historical Accuracy
            Member, Company of Military Historians

Comment

The "Enfield" rods from the Nepalese cache are for the earlier type P53 with spring retained bands. These have (usually) no rammer spoon, the rammers have a swell that binds under the broadened upper barrel band, similar to a US 1855 or 1861 model. If you buy an "Enfield" rammer from Atlanta Cutlery, it may bind in a repro P53, but the "Snider" rammer should fit fine.

Visit our adventurous website, for a selection of unique knives, military swords, self defense tools and antique kukris.

Snider type ones are much closer and generally better.
              David Stone

Comment

These are the type without swell...

Visit our adventurous website, for a selection of unique knives, military swords, self defense tools and antique kukris.

In case you want a vintage item....
                David Stone

Comment

Working...
                X