Mississippi Bayonet scabbard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mississippi Bayonet scabbard

OK-- got the rifle shipped to Todd Watts... picked up an original armory bright bayonet that fits... Problem-- no scabbard. Duvall says he can't make one unless I get the hardware (throat and tip).

Anyone got any suggestions for scabbard or hardware? I'm sure some wiseacre will want to know what type so it's a Colt alteration sword bayonet. Maybe an 1855 Springfield would work, don't know. I've already checked the search option here. Any leads???

Don Harrelson

Re: Mississippi Bayonet scabbard

Don: Go to the Richmond Show this weekend and look around. It is a long shot but you may see some dug ones or get a line on what you need.
    Jim Mayo
    Portsmouth Rifles, Company G, 9th Va. Inf.

CW Show and Tell Site
    http://www.angelfire.com/ma4/j_mayo/index.html

Comment

Jim-- Had planned on doing that anyway...

Don Harrelson

Comment

The Colt bayonet is much longer and thinner than the 1855. It is just about the longest saber bayonet out there, and an original is the only thing available. Good luck!

You'd find an easier time finding a bayonet for a Grosz or Leman alteration (1842 Bayonet) or even an A.J. Drake by making a new socket.

ED:In re-reading your post, I see you have the bayonet. The drag of the Colt scabbard is significant;y different than the one for the M1855 Rifle.
        Last edited by Minieball577; 08-17-2010, 07:17 PM.
        ~ Chris Hubbard
        Robert L. Miller Award Winner No. 28 May, 2007
        [url]www.acwsa.org[/url]

Comment

Working...
        X