Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simple Medical Impression

Hello,

I’ve been lurking on these boards for months and should thank all of you for the wealth of information herein. I was involved in hobby in the mid to late 90s and following an eleven year break I’d really like to get involved again. I was thinking about portraying a stretcher barer; bare bones dude with a stretcher, no frills. Clearly this wouldn’t suit all events, or would it? How do I build a period stretcher? Am I biting off more than I can chew? Should I just pick up a rife and re-join the line?

John Andrews

Re: Simple Medical Impression

Not sure how this specialty impression is necessarily a "medical impression" per se. What research have you done on duties of stretcher bearers? The research should tell you what is appropriate and what is not. You'll find many examples of stretchers - including improvised stretchers - by searching through the wealth of books available online and at some of the larger libraries.

As for appropriateness, you reenact in an area where they allow pirates. So, pretty much anything goes. However, if you are doing something fact based after performing some research, you might find an appropriate niche at events where authenticity levels are more regulated than those found in Washington and Oregon.
    Silas Tackitt,
    one of the moderators.

Click here for a link to forum rules - or don't at your own peril.

Comment

Working...
    X