Medical lables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medical lables

Is there anyone making correct lables for medical service impressions?
    Andrew Moore 4th Ky Inf. Orphan Brigade

Re: Medical lables

Check out Dixie Leather for labels and medical bottles.

John Andrews

Comment

Sullivan Press produces a civilian items CD that includes reproduceable images of medical lables and bandage lables. One place to obtain that CD is from S & S in Gettysburg.

Tim Kindred of the Rowdy Pards also produces such as loose lables.
      Terre Hood Biederman
      Yassir, I used to be Mrs. Lawson. I still run period dyepots, knit stuff, and cause trouble.

sigpic
      Wearing Grossly Out of Fashion Clothing Since 1958.

ADVENTURE CALLS. Can you hear it? Come ON.

Comment

Thanks much for the info.and the assistance.
        Andrew Moore 4th Ky Inf. Orphan Brigade

Comment

You'll have to go a bit beyond the mainstream to find good labels. I have not checked the labels which DLW offers, but the ones Sullivan Press offers are all incorrect. The Quinine Sulphate was used to make some others but the measurements were all wrong and even the Quinine Suplate is spelled incorrectly. (Not sure if that was intentional to prevent it being passed off as an original)

I got some labels from Otter Creek for the Phailadelphia Depot. He makes the correct jappaned tin packing tins (not the ones painted black). As for bottles with corks, they are tough to use repeatedly and were mainly for packing containers since they have a limited use before they leake or break, ground glass stoppers are air tight and stand up to repeated use.

But since I do Confederate Medical Department, I make my own labels based on originals in the Museum of the Confederacy and research in the Richmond Daily Dispatch.

There isn't an authentic medical forum around unfortunately, but if you contact me by PM I can try to help if you are doing Confederate.

Take your time studying originals and if you do Confederate don't rely on the "captured supplies" rationale for US labels. The Confederates made and supplied a good ammount of their own supplies too from a number of laboratories.
          Harry Aycock

Chief Surgeon
          Southern Division

Comment

Working...
          X