Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Description of a Missouri "Minute Man" cockade Jan 1860

From the UTICA DAILY OBSERVER Jan. 16, 1860

One of our citizens showed us yesterday a disunion cockade worn by the Missouri Minute Men. It is a small and neat rosette of blue ribbons, with a silver star in the center and three pieces of ribbon pending therefrom. The pendant ribbons are two blue and one white. They are about 4 inches long, and on the white ribbon is printed, "Missouri Minute Men"-- The letter says they are becoming the prevailing style in St. Louis, generally worn on the hat...

This a great complete description of a Missouri Secesh cockade-- I should make up some of these.

CSuniforms
    Tom Arliskas
    Tom Arliskas

Re: Description of a Missouri "Minute Man" cockade Jan 1860

Where is the best place to buy ribbon (I'm having a hard time finding things that are not synthetic) and backing and other materials, including the centerpiece, for a cockade, and what width should the ribbon be. The only ribbon I have found so far is at Needle and Thread, but I want to be sure that's the best choice and what kind/size to get. This is the best backing I have found so far http://www.voguefabricsstore.com/Buc...-20-White.html

Also, I probably can't bother with the "Missouri Minute Men print, particularly as I would kind of like it to be more generic for use beyond Wilson's Creek. If I did put "Missouri Minute Men" on it, then I would probably paint it on.

Ryan McKenzie
    Ryan McKenzie

Comment

Working...
    X