Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sibley support Chain Ideas?

Greetings,
    while searching around for Sibley information, as I am making 4. I came across GO#60 on the forum and it states for the chain on top to be twisted chain? I'm pretty sure its nothing like we have now days. anyone have a good link or photos for 3/16" wire twisted chain? or were I might be able to pick 6 lengths of 14 link chain for the top of the pole/Sibley Iron ring?
    thanks in advance

Jason E Seger
    Adjutant 79th NY

Re: Sibley support Chain Ideas?

I know a form of twisted chain is still for sale today, but don't know how close it is to mid 19th century twisted chain it is or if even related beyond name.
    Pat Brown

Comment

Sir, this image may be of some use for your given purpose.
      Note the tripod and chain on the end.
      This is the loc image link for a more detailed TIFF view. http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/cwpb.02010

This thread may also be helpful..., post # 21...http://www.authentic-campaigner.com/...4250#post14250

Last edited by yeoman; 08-14-2011, 06:31 PM. Reason: Add thread link
      Mel Hadden, Husband to Julia Marie, Maternal Great Granddaughter of
      Eben Lowder, Corporal, Co. H 14th Regiment N.C. Troops (4th Regiment N.C. Volunteers, Co. H, The Stanly Marksmen) Mustered in May 5, 1861, captured April 9, 1865.
      Paternal Great Granddaughter of James T. Martin, Private, Co. I, 6th North Carolina Infantry Regiment Senior Reserves, (76th Regiment N.C. Troops)

"Aeterna Numiniet Patriae Asto"

CWPT
      www.civilwar.org.

"We got rules here!"

The War of the Rebellion: A Compilation of the Official Records of the Union and Confederate Armies

Battles and Leaders of the Civil War: Being for the most part contributations by Union and Confederate officers

Comment

Jason, look in my photo album here on the forum, under White Oak Museum tab. Should be all the info you desire!

http://www.authentic-campaigner.com/...hp?albumid=173
        [FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=3]Michael Phillips, GGG Grandson of
        Pvt Edmond Phillips, 44th NCT, Co E, "The Turtle Paws"[/SIZE]
        [SIZE=2]Mustered in March 1862
        Paroled at Appomattox C.H. Virginia, April 15, 1865[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=Navy][B]"Good, now we'll have news from Hell before breakfast."[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
        Was Gen Sherman's response upon hearing the capture and execution of 3 reporters who had followed from Atlanta, by the rebels.
        The execution part turned out to be false.[COLOR=DarkRed] [B]Dagg Nabbit![/B][/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

Working...
        X