Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arms and uniforms of the 4th Mississippi Inf and 15th Arkansas Inf at Fort Henry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arms and uniforms of the 4th Mississippi Inf and 15th Arkansas Inf at Fort Henry

Does anyone know what type of arms and uniforms the 4th Mississippi Infantry and the 15th Arkansas (Gee) Infantry had during the Fort Henry/Donelson campaign? The 4th was suppose to have been one of the two well trained regiments at Fort Henry. Thank you.

Dan Stewart

Re: Arms and uniforms of the 4th Mississippi Inf and 15th Arkansas Inf at Fort Henry

Cadet Gray & Butternut Brown, by Tom Arliskas, has a number of pages dedicated to this topic.
    Tom "Mingo" Machingo
    Independent Rifles, Weevil's Mess

Vixi Et Didici

"I think and highly hope that this war will end this year, and Oh then what a happy time we will have. No need of writing then but we can talk and talk again, and my boy can talk to me and I will never tire of listening to him and he will want to go with me everywhere I go, and I will be certain to let him go if there is any possible chance."
    Marion Hill Fitzpatrick
    Company K, 45th Georgia Infantry
    KIA Petersburg, Virginia

Comment

Re: Arms and uniforms of the 4th Mississippi Inf and 15th Arkansas Inf at Fort Henry

Dan, I tried to write you back this weekend, but your inbox was full.

Sorry folks, you can return to your regularly scheduled program.
      Warren Dickinson

Currently a History Hippy at South Union Shaker Village
      Member of the original Pickett's Mill Interpretive Volunteer Staff & Co. D, 17th Ky Vol. Inf
      Former Mudsill
      Co-Creator of the States Rights Guard in '92

Comment

Working...
      X