Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vermont State Buttons

Hello all,
    I was wondering if anyone knows where I might aquire some VT State buttons, perferably for the 8th VT Infantry Regiment.

Thank you,
    Richard Morse
    Richard M. Morse
    2nd Battery Vermont Light Artillery
    8th Vermont Vol. Infantry Regiment

Re: Vermont State Buttons

Originally posted by Pvt H. B. Brown
    Hello all,
    I was wondering if anyone knows where I might aquire some VT State buttons, perferably for the 8th VT Infantry Regiment.

Thank you,
    Richard Morse

I don't know of a quality repro, you might have to go with originals...
    Attached Files
    Ryan B.Weddle

7th New York State Militia

"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes" - Henry David Thoreau

"The willingness with which our young people are likely to serve in any war, no matter how justified, shall be directly proportional as to how they perceive the Veterans of earlier wars were treated and appreciated by their country."
    – George Washington , 1789

Comment

Though I have never purchased them there, if you desperately want them, "The Horse Soldier" in Gettysburg carries a wide selection of originals. It's one source if you need them right away. If you're patient and willing to dig I have in the past frequented several antique stores along the beach front here in Maine that cater to the tourist trade. Most of these shops maintain an odds & ends button box which they cast odd bunches of antique buttons into.
      In rummaging through them I have pulled out enough Massachusettes buttons to do a couple of sack coats. I paid $3 a pop at the antique store. While down at Gettysburg several years ago I saw them in The Horse Soldier for $33 a piece.

Dig through the button box.
      [FONT=Century Gothic]Alan Poor/Independent[/FONT]

Comment

This is a great site for original buttons, even if it is just to look at some pictures:

civil war buttons,antique buttons,military buttons,uniform buttons,brass buttons,revolutionary war buttons,confederate buttons,civil war relics,war relics,civil war memorabilia,military antiques.
        Dane Utter
        Washington Guard

Comment

Working...
        X