Medal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medal

Can anyone tell me what kind of medal this is? And what it was awarded for. I can no clue what kind of medal it is, my uncle sent it to me and gave me no info in it. Thanks

Randy Owen
    Attached Files

Re: Medal

Originally posted by sdreenactor
    Can anyone tell me what kind of medal this is? And what it was awarded for. I can no clue what kind of medal it is, my uncle sent it to me and gave me no info in it. Thanks

Randy Owen
    This might be a problem with my computer, but I'm not seeing a picture.
    Last edited by bAcK88; 03-07-2004, 02:02 PM.
    Bill Backus

Comment

ill try the picture again.
      Randy Owen
      Attached Files

Comment

No picture, or link to a picture...

Comment

ok sence i cant get the picture up. ill just try to explain it. the cloth thats holds it is black. there is a little cirlcular thing with the eagle and four side that resemble triangles with the top point towards the eagle and the inside of the sides is white and there is a little strand of brass on the out side. if you have any idea of what kind of medal it is you could email me at union127@hotmail.com and ill try to send the picture that way.

Randy Owen

Comment

Does it look like this in any affect?

Comment

no its not any of them....im trying one picture from paint and one scanned one. my apologies for the trouble with the pictures.. my computer isnt the best...
              Randy Owen
              Attached Files

Comment

Randy,

If you email me the picture at p58enfield@rica.net, I'll see that it gets posted for you. It sounds like an eagle over a white enameled Cross Pattée, perhaps?
                Michael McComas
                drudge-errant

Comment

Here it is. Maltese cross, with eagle medallion in the middle.
                  Attached Files
                  Michael McComas
                  drudge-errant

Comment

thanks everyone who posted on this thread... im sorry for the inconvience with the pictures and all.

Randy Owen

Comment

I do believe that is a Republican Presidential Task Force Medal, not a military medal.
                      Ben Thomas
                      14th Alabama Volunteer Infantry, Co. G
                      "The Hilliby True Blues"

The Possum Skinners Mess

"Non gratis anus opossum"

Comment

It looks real close to one of the medals related to the York Rite of the Masonic bodies.

Jim Peterson
                        Jim Peterson
                        Rowdy Pards

Comment

There is a similar medal, slightly different eagle pattern, offered on ebay right now. The seller identifies it as "Here is a GAR Medal given to the family after the vetran of the Civil war Passes on. It was made by the Pettibone company of Cinncinnati.".

Of course we're familiar with the accuracy of ebay identifications, but it's worth looking into.

Ron Myzie

Originally posted by Michael McComas
                          Here it is. Maltese cross, with eagle medallion in the middle.

Comment

MOLLUS Medal

It is difficult to say for sure without being able to read the inscription, but it appears to be a MOLLUS Medal. The Military Order of the Loyal Legion of the United States was a Civil War Veterans organization for officers only. They published wonderful magazines and collected an incredible amount of materials. Some of there collections can be seen in Philadelphia and at Carlisle Barracks.
                            Scott Cross
                            "Old and in the Way"

Comment

Working...
                            X