Great pics!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great pics!

Mods, sorry if this is the wrong place for this, but I reckoned it might get the most exposure here. Thanks to my comrade Neill Rose, the good folks at the SC Confederate Relic Room and the patience and forebearance of our good website-meister, Paul C hisself, there are some super images of various artifacts going up now in the photo's section of this website. Check them out!

Cordially,

Re: Great pics!

Yeah those are some wonderful photos. We'll get more posted soon. Neill was very kind to send them and I was pleased to be able to get some scanned and posted.

The direct link to the folder is http://www.authentic-campaigner.com/...splay.php?f=37
    Paul Calloway
    Proudest Member of the Tar Water Mess
    Proud Member of the GHTI
    Member, Civil War Preservation Trust
    Wayne #25, F&AM

Comment

Thanks Guys,

I'm glad everyone is enjoying them. At least for me, I think Paul's photo section could be a great resource for all of us along with historical institutions. The more we LH types position ourselves as resources to such institutions, the more "legitimate" we become as a hobby. We've certainly seen the fruits of that here in SC. Paul still has a good bit to scan in his free time (yeah, right!) out of the first batch but the next batch will include a blue-line duck CS saddlebag converted to haversack and a great pair of CS hinged wooded-sole canvas shoes. Gee, what else can I come up with, hmm...

Best wishes to all.

Regards,

Neill Rose
      Palmetto Living History Association

Comment

The "Good Folks" here at the Relic Room are quite happy to be part of this (and so am I!). I suppose I will be foolhardy enough to say that if anyone's got questions regarding these artifacts, I'm the contact point (though not necessarily the one with the answers!)

Originally posted by K Bartsch
        Mods, sorry if this is the wrong place for this, but I reckoned it might get the most exposure here. Thanks to my comrade Neill Rose, the good folks at the SC Confederate Relic Room and the patience and forebearance of our good website-meister, Paul C hisself, there are some super images of various artifacts going up now in the photo's section of this website. Check them out!

Cordially,
        Joe Long
        Curator of Education
        South Carolina Confederate Relic Room
        Columbia, South Carolina

[I][COLOR=DarkRed]Blood is on my sabre yet, for I never thought to wipe it off. All this is horrid; but such are the horrors of war.[/COLOR][/I] Wade Hampton III, 2 January 1863

Comment

Working...
        X