Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know about the Armi-Chiappa 1860 Spencer Rifles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know about the Armi-Chiappa 1860 Spencer Rifles?

Gents,

Has anyone seen the Chiappa Firearms 1860 Spencer Rifle? I was curious if this is just a re-naming of the 1865 Spencer that has been on the market for the last few years or a true 1860 model. I've always wanted an 1860 Spencer Rifle and didn't want to buy an original for shooting and I can't justify the money for a Romano repro (well, to be honest I can justify it but my wife wouldn't agree).

I'm hoping the Chiappa will fit the bill and be an authentic alternative.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Best regards,

Todd Guthrie

Re: Anyone know about the Armi-Chiappa 1860 Spencer Rifles?

Hallo!

My understanding, which may be wrong... is that it is the same gun. (Ezechiele Chiappa founded Armi Sport in 1957; his son Rino has been running things since 1987.)

IMHO, there appears to just be a "marketing" shift away from the earlier corporate Armi Sport name to the newer corporate Chiappa name.

Curt
    Curt Schmidt
    In gleichem Schritt und Tritt, Curt Schmidt

-Hard and sharp as flint...secret, and self-contained, and solitary as an oyster.
    -Haplogroup R1b M343 (Subclade R1b1a2 M269)
    -Pointless Folksy Wisdom Mess, Oblio Lodge #1
    -Vastly Ignorant
    -Often incorrect, technically, historically, factually.

Comment

I was at the NRA convention in St. Louis this past weekend and spoke to the Chiappa reps. They had a '42 with proper brass site and I asked them about it. The guy said they were trying to make them more accurately than in the past. Said they were putting modern markings on the bottom of the barrel etc. He said that the Enfields were now being copied from an earlier version original and would be much closer to the real thing in looks and weight. I didn't talk to him about the Sharps though but evidently they are taking one gun at a time and redoing them for the 150th.

Time will tell if they do it right but that '42 looked halfway decent. They have a US office in dayton, Ohio. Drop them an email and ask about the Sharps. Their website is www.chiappafirearms.com
      Michael Comer
      one of the moderator guys

Comment

Sorry, I don't mean to hijack, but any idea where in Dayton or if they have a showroom? I am in a suburb of Dayton.
        Jeff "Thad" Gallagher

Pit Rat Mess
        49th Ohio
        Huber Heights #777 F&AM

"The moralities of this company are not as good as they used to be, there is much swearing and abuse." Francis Kiene 49th OVI

Comment

CHIAPPA FIREARMS LTD.
          E-Mail: info@chiappafirearms.com

6785 W. Third St.
          Dayton, Ohio, 45417
          United States
          Bob Manzo
          Formerly of the 12th VA Inf Co G "Richmond Grays"

Comment

Working...
          X