Confederate 4 button jackets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confederate 4 button jackets

Does anyone have any more info on the Four button jacket (ie the one Wambaugh and White sells)? I know of five in existence, one being in the Gettysburg National park and another at the Ross County Historical society. Were there jackets civilian or depot issue? And if so, which depot? I can't find any more info that what is provided on WW&C's webpage.
    Thanks,

A.Tripp
    A.Tripp

US Battalion of Engineers, Co. A

Re: Confederate 4 button jackets

There has been a lot of discussion about these jackets here on the AC, so definitely try the search function to find the threads if you haven't already. All I have seen/heard of personally, is that the identified originals span almost the length of the war and were found both East and West. You can see them in a few photos from different times and locations during the war. They were not civilian in my opinion as the there are striking similarities between the originals. I am sorry I can not cite any specific references. I would also suggest sending Dan an email and I would imagine he could provide further insight.
    V/R
    [FONT="Palatino Linotype"][SIZE="5"]Brandon L. Jolly[/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

John Stillwagon's excellent article used to be linked to this site. However, it was lost, along with a lot of other fantastic information, when the Southern Guard decided not to renew their domain name.

Sadly, www.southernguard.org is no more.
      John Wickett
      Former Carpetbagger
      Administrator (We got rules here! Be Nice - Sign Your Name - No Farbisms)

Comment

However Wayback Machine is your friend. The pics are gone, but the text is here:

Mike Barnes

Blanket Collector (Hoarder)
        44th VA / 25th OH

Comment

Working...
        X