This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Authentic Gumblanket

Can anyone point me in the right direction to find a quality and authentic gum blanket? I'm purchased mine before i knew better and it needs replacing.
    Ryan Hodges
    Brooks South Carolina Light Artillery

Re: Authentic Gumblanket

Ryan-

I asked the same question a couple of days ago. Most venders are out right now. I was directed towards Jan Berger with Leder Arsenal. I have been exchanging emails with him but he is in Germany and I think he is asleep now with the time difference.

His website is in the approved vendors list and he has quite a selection of a lot of stuff including gum blankets.
    Louis Zenti

Pvt. Albert R. Cumpston (Company B, 12th Illinois Vol. Inf.-W.I.A. February 15, 1862)
    Pvt. William H. Cumpston (Company B, 12th Illinois Vol. Inf.-K.I.A. February 15, 1862 Ft. Donelson)
    Pvt. Simon Sams (Co. C, 18th Iowa Inf.-K.I.A. January 8, 1863 Springfield, MO)
    Pvt. Elisha Cox (Co. C, 26th North Carolina Inf.-W.I.A. July 3, 1863 Gettysburg)

"...in the hottest of the fight, some of the rebs yelled out...them must be Iowa boys". Charles O. Musser 29th Iowa Infantry

Comment

I second the recommendation for Leder Arsenal, but only if you don't need it right away. As of this week, the arrival time to the states is about 4 weeks. His gum blanket is phenomenal!! Also, I recommend you watch the exchange rate between the dollar and the Euro, and see if it goes down any. His prices are in Euros (80 euros for the gum blanket) with the exchange it comes to about $104. Once again, i highly recommend Leder Arsenal!
      Your Humble Servant,
      Sean R. Otis
      124th NYSV Co. A "Orange Blossoms"
      MIDDLESEX LODGE F. & A.M.

In Memorium: Harvey Otis, Jr. — 156th NYSV Co. A .
      Killed in action, September 19, 1864,
      at Winchester, VA. Aged 26 years.

Member of the "Hard Sauce" Mess

Comment

Okay thanks a lot
        Ryan Hodges
        Brooks South Carolina Light Artillery

Comment

Working...
        X