Kepi Label

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kepi Label

Anyone familiar with or know of a paper "maker's" label being used in private purchase kepis(for enlisted or officers)? All the pictures I have reviewed have the label stenciled in them.

Thanks,
    Ryan McIntyre
    124th New York State Volunteers
    Founder of the Squatting Bullfrog Mess & the "Leave your politics at home" Mess

"the Doctor says that I have got the Knapsack complaint that is I cant carry a knapsack that is a disease of my own getting up for I can lift as much as eney[sic] of the boys"
    Joseph H. Johnston
    March 16th 1863
    Camp Convalescent

"It takes twelve men and a corporal up there [brigade headquarters] to take care of a few trees and salute the officers as they pass these are all the orders we have, but it is military I suppose..."
    Henry M Howell
    March 8 1863
    In camp Near Falmouth

Re: Kepi Label

Well, there's the "J.H. SILVERBERG / THE ORIGINAL / Confederate Cap Factory / 382-KING-STREET / Charleston, S.C." paper label, if you're including Southron products.
    David Fox

Comment

I dont know about stenciling but there are a few paper labels I am aware of on enlisted caps - at least non -private purchase ones like here - http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/9743898
      I would be willing to bet that a privately purchased cap from a maker like this would have a similar label. Are you looking for Federal or Confederate items?
      David Stone

Comment

That NC kepi maybe a state issued item, but the label looks like Mr Denny was hoping to sell some in the private sector with the space for "price."
        Pat Brown

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I am looking into Federal Kepis in particular

Thanks,
          Ryan McIntyre
          124th New York State Volunteers
          Founder of the Squatting Bullfrog Mess & the "Leave your politics at home" Mess

"the Doctor says that I have got the Knapsack complaint that is I cant carry a knapsack that is a disease of my own getting up for I can lift as much as eney[sic] of the boys"
          Joseph H. Johnston
          March 16th 1863
          Camp Convalescent

"It takes twelve men and a corporal up there [brigade headquarters] to take care of a few trees and salute the officers as they pass these are all the orders we have, but it is military I suppose..."
          Henry M Howell
          March 8 1863
          In camp Near Falmouth

Comment

Working...
          X