1855 Riflemans Belt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1855 Riflemans Belt

I've done searches all over the place to no avail. I'm looking for pictures of the inside of an 1855 riflemans belt, and how the belt adjusts. I've seen the narrow straps on the interior of the belt, but have no idea how it attaches to the rest. If anyone can point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance.
    Scott Sheets
    Joliet, IL

36th Illinois
    Dirty Shirts

Re: 1855 Riflemans Belt

Scott,
    There is a drawing of a M1855 Rifleman's Belt on page 8 of Francis A. Lord's Civil War Collector's Encyclopedia, Vol 1, which should help you. I will try to post the picture, but if it does not work, please e-mail me and I will send you the scan.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Image (51).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	370.1 KB
ID:	223732

Chuck Mood
    LtColMood@aol.com
    Charles W. Mood

Comment

Scott..The backstraps loop through the buckle and back under. the Riflemens belt slides for the knapsack J hooks act as keepers for the slim adjusting straps when the belt is sized to fit......YHS Paul Lopes
      paul lopes

Comment

Thanks for the picture and information, that makes a lot of sense. Might have to make one, pretty neat belt.
        Scott Sheets
        Joliet, IL

36th Illinois
        Dirty Shirts

Comment

Parsley's Brass makes the hardware set... its not a hard belt to put together except for the throg details.... try it.. Paul Lopes
          paul lopes

Comment

Working...
          X