Columbus Depot Jackets at Prairie Grove General Hindman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Columbus Depot Jackets at Prairie Grove General Hindman

Hello, For my talk on Saturday-- I am sharing one part of the presentation on Trans-Mississippi uniforms, clothing, and ordnance-- I stumbled across this and have not seen it discussed before on the Campaigner or anywhere else

From the Columbus Daily Sun-September 16th, 1862 lists "Supplies for the Army" 7,000 garments to Army of Arkansas- General Hindman?.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Circular Clothing 5.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	109.1 KB
ID:	230497Click image for larger version

Name:	clothing distribution nov.jpg
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	230498Click image for larger version

Name:	getimage QM distribution new.jpg
Size:	153.5 KB
ID:	230499

The following is a list of clothing distributed in November of 1862 to Hindman's Army- and a circular to his troops that the clothing received "west of the Mississippi River"-- not Shreveport or Texas-- will be apportioned out the soldiers--

All I need now is a description of clothing received in Arkansas for November of 1862

This clothing worn at the Battle of Prairie Grove, Arkansas.

CSuniforms
    Tom Arliskas
    Tom Arliskas

Re: Columbus Depot Jackets at Prairie Grove General Hindman

Hindman did a great job at that time turning political connections and a real need among his men into equipment from further east. Columbus uniforms, ammunition from Georgia, even RM from Richmond. Quite a bit of imported gear, particularly Enfields. That army went from deplorable to approaching well equipped in a short period.
    Pat Brown

Comment

Working...
    X