Charleston Frock Coat Lining?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Charleston Frock Coat Lining?

My answer was for general frock construction, not S.C. specific. I will be more forthcoming with my answers in the future.

Information about pillow ticking was derived from my Tailor, Mr. Sam Cornelius, as he is the greatest authority on period clothing I have ever known. I do not retain any textile information for all I need to do is call him.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Tyler Underwood; 02-09-2015, 11:46 AM.
    Joey Hernandez Co. I 8th Texas Cavalry

38 Confederate Ancestors and Counting!

Comment

Mr. Hernandez,

Thank you for the clarification. Yes, this thread was intended to be specific to Charleston, SC officer frock coats.

With regard to ticking in-general:
      Here at the Authentic-Campaigner, we require assertions made by our users be supported by evidence, whether first-hand accounts, period photographs, original documents, published research, or items in museum collections.

While this might seem to be nit-picky, it is for a very specific purpose:
      To avoid folklore and campfire chatter from creeping into our impressions. We want to be as true to history as is possible.

So, if Mr. Cornelius has some specific research to share, or an article published that you could share, that would be great. However, we cannot take the word of vendors, or any other individuals, at face-value. We need to see the data.

Please do not be offended if sections of your posts are edited for the lack of this information. It is not a personal criticism against you, but our attempt to be sure that our membership gets information that has been vetted in some way.

Thank you,
      John Wickett
      Former Carpetbagger
      Administrator (We got rules here! Be Nice - Sign Your Name - No Farbisms)

Comment

No problem, new here so just getting the feel of the place.

So is the question 'What was the style made in SC?' or 'What was the style that a SC soldier would have worn?' Also what year, for uniform standards changed as the War progressed. So these questions will have different results.

I tend to look at the big picture. For example, the Huntsville Prison in Texas made uniforms and tents for the Confederacy. Those uniforms were issued to the ATM and AOT. As armies moved around some units were peeled off and sent east, so someone in SC could have had a Huntsville jacket.
        Joey Hernandez Co. I 8th Texas Cavalry

38 Confederate Ancestors and Counting!

Comment

Working...
        X