Matt Woodburn Federal Blanket?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt Woodburn Federal Blanket?

Does anyone know where one can acquire one of the Matt Woodburn 'Julius Jones' blankets from a couple years ago? Unfortunately, after contacting Mr. Woodburn he's sold out of them and no longer producing that model. It's the brownish blanket it with the dark stripe. I'm having a heck of a time trying to track one down.

Brandon Bankes

Re: Matt Woodburn Federal Blanket?

************ or S&S in Gettysburg offer ones of equal quality
    Patrick Landrum
    Independent Rifles

Comment

S&S blankets are tops. The other option it to keep an eye out on the Sale forum or Ebay. Good Luck!
      Robert Johnson

"Them fellers out thar you ar goin up against, ain't none of the blue-bellied, white-livered Yanks and sassidge-eatin'forrin' hirelin's you have in Virginny that run atthe snap of a cap - they're Western fellers, an' they'll mighty quick give you a bellyful o' fightin."

In memory of: William Garry Co.H 5th USCC KIA 10/2/64 Saltville VA.

Comment

Thanks fellas. I had read the S&S blankets are more gray than brown. I was looking for a version which was specifically more brownish. Can anyone verify the difference in color tone between the two makers?

Brandon Bankes

Comment

When comparing original Civil War blankets, there is a great deal of variety in shades of brown and gray. The only two that I have encountered that were exactly the same are two in my museum's collection that were probably cut from the same bolt.
          Scott Cross
          "Old and in the Way"

Comment

Brandon,

I bought an S&S blanket in May and it definately looks like it has a distinct brownish hue to it.

Craig Ross
            Craig D. Ross

Comment

Working...
            X